Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP

I talked to him last month via PM;

Hass milling machine machine has been tied up so much with projects I havent gotten a chance to pop them in yet. I'm hoping in a few weeks I can punch out a few sets or so. I'll keep ya updated

Also, I missed this from before.

Spike, I'm not sure if it's been put out there yet, but what material are the grips made up? They appear to be plastic. If so, how do they compare to regular handgun grips in terms of hardness and strength?

They appear to be ABS, with a textured surface. They're very thick though, and feel solid. But the manner in which they connect to the gun is questionable. It was the only way Poseidon could do it and still remain accurate to the concept, but I wouldn't trust it on a real gun. It feels solid when you hold it and they don't move or slip, but the force of the recoil from a pistol would probably be too much.

Last edited:
Spike, thanks for the update and details. I'm sure they could be modded to be more secure, but I don't have my own so I have no comment on how to do it.

I hope he starts getting some of these bad boys on the market.

For the year or so I've been trying to put this together I've only come across the Poseidon set with the box once (I let it go since the price seemed expensive, wish I woulda snatched it up), I finally managed to get a Hudson Jericho 941 that had been modded with the poseidon kit a few days ago. Definitely feel for anyone else on the lookout for either the gun or kit, they're near impossible to find. I ended up with 2 Hudson Jericho's though, one unmodded, the other modded, hopefully I can find a kit by itself or if someone makes a cast of it, I dunno much about molding or I'd try it myself.

Just ran across this during my daily googlethon. Co2 powered airsoft replica. Polymer body, metal magazine and metal fixed slide, but it's licensed by IMI as a training tool, so I would predict its accurately detailed. $45 shipped to US.

STEEL%20co2%20IMI%20Jericho%20941%20NBB%20v5%20Box%20back.jpg
STEEL%20co2%20IMI%20Jericho%20941%20NBB%20v2%20Specs.jpg

STEEL%20co2%20IMI%20Jericho%20941%20NBB%20v4%20Sights.jpg

STEEL%20co2%20IMI%20Jericho%20941%20NBB%20v3%20Scale.jpg

co2 IMI Jericho 941 941f NBB 425fps METAL MAG 177 : Pistols at GunBroker.com

Still planning on making the grips or mag plates? I want a set sooooo bad.

Dont worry, I haven't forgot about you guys. :). But I don't really have much of an update on the project. These last few months have been overwhelmingly busy and I haven't had much time to do anything personal time wise aside from the occasional trip to the range. School finished up last week so I'm not sure I'll be able to get on a machine until September.:wacko Good news is its looking like my schedule then will be much more lenient for personal projects. Also the model for the plates got are done and programing is going well.

Dana

Just ran across this during my daily googlethon. Co2 powered airsoft replica. Polymer body, metal magazine and metal fixed slide, but it's licensed by IMI as a training tool, so I would predict its accurately detailed. $45 shipped to US.

Same gun I posted about on the previous page.

No updates, so here's some pics.

spj01.PNG

spj02.PNG

I happened to be watching Bebop today and noticed something. Spike's Jericho has a silver recoil spring, on the Hudson however it has a black finish.

recoil4.PNG

I started out by breaking down the gun and removing the recoil spring, then started work on the replacement I have.

recoil1.PNG

First I removed the black finish, exposing the bare metal underneath. Then I used some very fine sandpaper and a polishing compound to make it nice and shiny again.

recoil2.PNG

Put everything back together, and here's the result.

recoil3.PNG

recoil5.PNG

Yeah Spike Spiegels Jericho is kinda funny. The original 941 kits come with two barrel's, 9mm and .41 AE. The blued steel recoil spring assembly has lighter springs and is intended for the 9mm round. The stainless steel rod on the other hand has much heavier springs and is intended for the larger load of the .41 Action Express. Mix the two up and it easily causes FTE's.

Spike Spiegels 941 looks to be in 9mm with the .41AE spring however. We'll just chalk that up to artistic license, lol. It is possible to dismantle the spring assembly's and swap out the rods to make your own color combo, but they are a real pain in the you know what to get back together.
Here's a comparison.
From left to right - .41AE with .41AE spring, 9mm with .41AE spring, 9mm with 9mm spring.)
View attachment 54123

Dana

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back