Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP

ConvergencePro

Master Member
Ok This is another project i got going. Im working on turning my personal K.B.I imported IMI Jericho 941 into Spike Spiegel's Jericho from the 1998 anime Cowboy Bebop.

Back in 2002 a company in japan by the name of Poseidon made a kit for the Hudson airsoft Jericho called Jerico941 Revision to change it into Spikes Jericho. It consisted of grips and a fake plastic laser sight. My best bet would be to find one of these kits and that would be where i get the grips as the Hudson Jericho was designed off of the IMI so the grips should fit. As for the laser sight im planning on machining one out of aluminum or steel and gutting a real laser sight and install the guts into the machined shell. this would be easier if i had the plastic one to take measurements off of. So if anyone has any leads on where to get one of these kits please let me know.

thats all for now folks.

Dana

Last edited:
Ah, Cowboy Bebop...the only anime that I enjoy watching. XD

A Spike Jericho would be really epic to make. Hope you'll finish it soon!

Bebop is without a doubt one of my favorite series'. It's interesting too, I always noticed he had a laser on his Jericho, but I never saw him use it. I've been on the hunt for the same kit myself. Here's the closest I've gotten:

Jericho

However, as you can see, it is in the "out of print" section of the gallery. The site does have a lot of decent reference photos though.

I've been google-ing for years, hunting this poseidon kit. Honestly, I'm almost tempted to try making my own version it.

I have both the Hudson and revision kit, both with original boxes and paperwork. Your only chance is to import it from Japan as, anyone who has a kit here in the states had to go through the same trouble I did to get it and likely wont be parting with it.

The grips wont work on a real Jericho, they would fit but the way the mounting system is designed it wouldn't be adaquately secured to the gun.

The laser sight is likely too thin to put any conventional laser sight into, it'd need a custom PCB and room for the button cells.

--- Thanks to ImageShack these images are now gone.

Last edited:
ya i gotta agree with ya, aparently the hudson jericho is supposed to be rarer than the kit but ive seen 3 hudsons so far and 0 kits.

BTW there is a Hudson Jericho on Yahoo Japan Auctions right now for those interested

Seeing as i cant start on the laser sight until i either have the kit or untill i start making the grips because the laser goes over an angled section of the grip, I think ill start out by making new Mag Floor plates on the milling machine out of steel and then bluing them once finished. this is something that Poseidon overlooked on their kit's

Last edited:
I have both the Hudson and revision kit, both with origional boxes and paperwork. Good luck on finding one, your only chance is to import it from Japan as, anyone who has a kit here in the states had to go through the same trouble I did to get it and likely wont be parting with it.

The grips wont work on a real Jericho, they would fit but the way the mounting system is designed it wouldn't be adaquately secured to the gun.

The laser sight is likely too thin to put any conventional laser sight into, it'd need a custom PCB and room for the button cells.

Hey Spike i didnt know you were a member here.
Well there ya go. Your in a prime spot to make some cash. would you be willing to make a few casts of the grips and laser? I know theirs definitely a few people here that would jump on that.

Sent ya a PM
Dana

Last edited:
The Hudson's pop up infrequently on Yahoo JP! but finding them isn't the problem, getting one here in the states is. Any Japanese assisted-bidding service will tell you that they won't deal in model guns, and even then you're going to have issues with customs if the barrel isn't painted or if the trademarks on the box arn't removed.

[/URL]

well actually worse case scenario i gut one of these systems and they look even smaller.

Laser Sight For 1911 LG-401 Front Activation | Crimson Trace Laser Grips these guys make systems for afew brands of guns. but sadly have stated they have no plans to make them for the Jericho 941/ Baby Eagle pistols. I keep asking them to though so maybe they will get annoyed enough and make one, lol

im not sure how these are wired but you could easily feed the power source down in the grip. it would make battery changes a slight pain. but it looks from the photos that there could be plenty of room.

Last edited:
Here's some quick close up images.

--- Thanks to ImageShack these images are now gone.

Last edited:
I have noticed that the magplate is different. It would be interesting to have one machined, I wonder if I could adapt one to the Hudson mag since I have a few of them. (You can still order those from WGC)

The mag wouldn't be functional anymore since the fill valve is on the bottom, and i'd likely break it anyway getting it apart. But having a mag without a fill plate would make it more realistic. It's a tiny detail but thats the name of the game.

I have noticed that the magplate is different. It would be interesting to have one machined, I wonder if I could adapt one to the Hudson mag since I have a few of them. (You can still order those from WGC)

The mag wouldn't be functional anymore since the fill valve is on the bottom, and i'd likely break it anyway getting it apart. But having a mag without a fill plate would make it more realistic. It's a tiny detail but thats the name of the game.

Feel free to send me a photo or two of how the mag plates on the Hudson are attached. -->

Im writing a CNC program to cut them out once thats done the hard parts over. I gotta make 4 as is (2 for the 9mm mags and 2 for the .41AE mags) I wouldn't mind making a few extras if they arnt too different.

the only issue with the new floor plate's is that on the real CZ/Jericho mags the plate is locked in via a button like hole in the mag plate where the internal spring plate locks down on it. And the ones in the anime clearly dont. I have a few ideas how to solve this problem though

Dana

Last edited:
Oh and on a important side note. Just an FYI to those watching, I WILL be making one or two overlooks to the accuracy of this build. #1 right now is the laser sight. Unless i can design a built in way that the sight can be pushed down and out of the way via a spring of some kind so that the saftey/decocker can be used, I will be designing the laser after the Poseidon kit. The laser for the Poseidon kit has a small divot in the top of it so that the saftey can be turned on (See Spike's photos), that is not on the anime gun.

This is being built on a real firearm. I am 110% nowhere near willing to sacrifice firearms saftey for the sake of film accuracy. That would just be crazy

Just wanted to make that absolutely clear.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back