Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP

The shape and size is different. The solid-cast kit was made for accuracy to the concept, the conversion kit was for real Jericho's. Sculpting grips that fit would require extensive modification, so you might as well just do it from scratch.

Last edited:
Because the solid cast piece is more accurate to the original concept.

The conversion grips have a textured finish and the color matches the anime verison better, though. The solid-cast piece is a great display prop but not terribly useful for getting dimensions or casts from, since it's all one piece with the exception being the laser sight.

Last edited:
Great explanation. I would love to find one of these kits, but I doubt that will happen. I did find the Poseidon Vash Revolver kit after 7 years of looking though haha.

I got a deal on one of the KWC Jericho 941's that was too good to pass up, so I thought i'd check it out and let you guys know if it can be used as a substitue for the Hudson, for those interested.
KWC makes some quality stuff, and if you check out pictures of it before the Cybergun treatment it looks pretty sexy. If I remove the barrel piece and the printed trades, I think it could work.

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/KG43DXK-1L.jpg

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/KG43DXK-2L.jpg

Last edited:
I back you up on KWC. I have their Beretta 93R Gas-Blowback. Very realistic and durable. Performance is great. Sucks about the fixed slide, but if it's just a display piece it won't much matter. Good find.

Last edited:
KWC Jericho arrived today, just finished checking it out.

I'll get plenty of before and after pictures later. Some things i've noticed right off the bat. Maybe at one point this gun had a metal slide before the Cybergun deal, but mine is 100% plastic.

I honestly did not expect the Hudson to have more metal parts than the KWC. As it stands, the only metal parts on the KWC are the barrel, the trigger, the magazine, and the magazine release. On the Hudson, the front and rear sights, slide lock, hammer, trigger, magazine, safties, and magazine release are all metal.

The KWC also has very obvious casting seams around the body which are not present on the Hudson. It is disturbingly feather-light without the magazine, which makes up all of the weight. The Hudson has significantly more heft.

That having been said, the pictures don't do the KWC gun justice. It is a beautiful recreation of the Jericho that is accurate in every detal. More info to follow about wether or not the Poseidon kit will fit on it.

Well, bad news. The kit dosen't work on the KWC gun.

I was planning to do a detailed pictorial writeup but it was clear right off the bat that it wasen't going to work.

Upon first removing the grips, the Spike grips and even the regular IMI grips from my Hudson didn't fit because of a mounting screw bracket sticking up in the way whereas you can see on the Hudson it's flush.

comp1b.png

I removed these pieces on either side with an exacto and smoothed it out. The grips slid over the frame now but didn't connect. It was too big. I contemplated sanding the frame of the KWC to slim it down however, then I stuck the magazine in and realised that it creates an almost flat surface inside the grip casing whereas the hudson has more clearance. Even if I removed enough material to make the two grip halves fit together, the magazine pushes them out.

So yea, i'm dissapointed. In both the KWC and the fact that the conversion won't work. The purported metal slide and barrel was a big draw factor for me in using this as a possible display piece over the Hudson but that proved to be false.

Here's a couple of the initial pictures I was taking before realising that any more work would be pointless, I had put the original IMI grips back on the Hudson for base comparisons.

In conclusion, the problem is that the frame is beefier on the KWC to accomodate that Co2 Mag, and the Spike grips are designed to wrap around the frame which is why they don't fit.

comp2b.png

comp3b.png

Last edited:
The Spike grips wrap around the frame instead of attatching to the sides so there's no room for error. Also, the way the magazine is designed the grips have to be a very specific thickness to still allow the mag to slide in and out freely.

KWC should be treated as a no-go for anyone expecting to mod it. Also, clarification on the Metal Slide issue. KWC made two types, a .177 mm gun that fires steel BB's, and one that fires the plastic Airsoft pellets. That gun is the version that Cybergun licensed, the version that fires the steel bb's is the one with the metal slide.

Last edited:
Hello all! Sorry to say no real update but just letting ya know the project is not dead. I have been SUPER busy with school and work so I only get to work on this stuff with what little time I have for myself which is sadly not alot at all. And on top of that I am currently working on a replica High Turret K98k sniper rifle which is sucking up alot of cash, lol. The milling machines have been tied up constantly with priority projects so stuff like this gets pushed into the back, Hopefully the machines will free up in the next few weeks and I'll have a few mag plates punched out.

As for the grips, I am currently rebuilding the frame of my jericho in Solidworks and its not an easy task given all the curves, angles and other features of the frame that come into play with the grips, and again the little time I have to work on the project. But once that's done I can use the dimensions of the frame to work on the grips in SW. I did however get a hold of a set of the grips for the hudson jerichos which will help a lot. these grips however DO NOT fit on a real jericho out of the box, or at least the back part doesn't due to to some minor changes Hudson apparently made to there frame for their grips, but with some minor fitting they could be made to fit but would still be unsafe. So once spring/summer hits this project will hopefully take off.

BTW Spike is that your IMI Jericho? She's a beauty!

That's all for now!
Dana

Last edited:
Oh well in that case yes, I wouldn't even consider using the Poseidon grip kit on a real Jericho.

However it's curious that you say they don't fit, i've read elsewhere that they do. Also the grips I mentioned above, while not terribly accurate, fit interchangeably between the Hudson and a real Jericho.

I'm curious about the grips you bought. Did they come packaged with the laser or are they a cast?

Spike, I'm not sure if it's been put out there yet, but what material are the grips made up? They appear to be plastic. If so, how do they compare to regular handgun grips in terms of hardness and strength?

Oh well in that case yes, I wouldn't even consider using the Poseidon grip kit on a real Jericho.

However it's curious that you say they don't fit, i've read elsewhere that they do. Also the grips I mentioned above, while not terribly accurate, fit interchangeably between the Hudson and a real Jericho.

I'm curious about the grips you bought. Did they come packaged with the laser or are they a cast?

yup, the grips came packaged in the same box you showed earlier with the laser, instructions, both screws all brand new.

I was still annoyed letting that Cybergun Jericho go to waste and was in the mood for some kitbashing today. It turns out that even though the slide is fixed, it's still assembled as if it were moveable. After some delicate surgery, I extracted the slide from the Cybergun.

It fits perfectly onto the Hudson. I had to do some minor work on the underside of the slide, but now it slides right on. I'm going to use some metal tubing I have to fashion a steel barrel for it, and use the ejector insert from the Cybergun, along with a lead weight in the forward section. Now i'll have a very realistic dummy slide that I can swap on for display purposes, and keep all the Hudson guts stored in the box. The safties still work, too.

Last edited:
Started work on it. I made a bit of metal tubing matching the diameter of the slide barrel, then set to work polishing and smoothing it.
Need to work on the ejection port now. Trigger/hammer/magazine release all still function as normal regardless of the slide.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back