Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP

I've had a baby eagle 9mm for years thats been itching for a set of these grips! I love bebop and I love firing this gun too. I'm tempted to buy a set of grips on yahoojp and mod them to my pistol, but I don't have any free time really and wouldn't want to take the chance of doing it wrong. if anyone is making these for a range use, I'd definitely be interested.

It can be painted and you can get anything shipped anywhere if you play your cards right. It's still an option for someone. First one I've seen for sale in a while. Quit being so negative.

I'm just being realistic. You'd have to use a bidding service and none of them will touch replica guns. Then there's the issue of it getting siezed in customs (which i've had happen) even if you found a way to order it and ship it here.
If my 'negativity' prevents an unwitting buyer from a customs nightmare then i'm more than happy to oblige.

Just thought I would bring this thread back but I just picked up a real steel Jericho 941 full kit with original ammo. Spike to let you know some cool info about the recoil rod being silver is that the 9mm recoil rod is black but when you swap out to 41ae the recoil spring is silver. Just some food for thought.

Just thought I would bring this thread back but I just picked up a real steel Jericho 941 full kit with original ammo. Spike to let you know some cool info about the recoil rod being silver is that the 9mm recoil rod is black but when you swap out to 41ae the recoil spring is silver. Just some food for thought.

Right, I think BobaFettSlave mentioned that earlier in the thread. I think it must have been a purely cosmetic choice, would using a the .41AE rod with 9mm ammo have any beneficial effects?

if you swap the springs out so the silver has the 9mm springs it would just be cosmetic. There the exact same rod and the difference in colors is to prevent mistaking the each other. besides color there exactly the same

Right, I think BobaFettSlave mentioned that earlier in the thread. I think it must have been a purely cosmetic choice, would using a the .41AE rod with 9mm ammo have any beneficial effects?

No. The differences are not just cosmetic. The silver 41AE spring is a much heavier spring intended for the added recoil produced from the .41 Action Express round. Swamping them outright can cause jamming if not cause damage or added wear to the firearm.

In other words the 9mm round does not produce enough recoil to reliably discharge a spent casing and load the next round when using the heavier (silver) 41AE spring
and
The 41 AE round will produce too much recoil for the lighter (black) 9mm spring causing the action to slam around, which can cause damage the firearm.

The easiest fix would be to hammer out the pins in the collars that hold both spring assembly's together and swap the springs from one to the other.

Last edited:
I saw this thread while searching on details for a replica of Spike's gun... For the Jericho 941, back when it was first brought to the US under the "Jericho", you could buy a reduced recoil kit. That recoil kit came with a chromed recoil spring and guide rod. I have no doubt, given the detail of the animation in that series, that this was an intentional detail... showing one more way that Spike had upgraded his weapon.

You can buy the recoil reduction kit here: http://www.zahal.org/products/recoil-reduction-system-for-all-jericho-941-baby-eagle

Cowboy Bebop recently got a brand new 1080p transfer for the BD Box-Set so I thought i'd bump this thread after hearing about that.

The plans to make them is still there, and the mag plates aren't hard at all to make. Collage sadly just leaves extremely little time for projects like this.

Just wanted to send good vibes to this project. I picked up my 1991 Jericho Full Frame kit yesterday. Haven't used it yet, but would love to get some cool grips (though the factory ones aren't terrible) Keep trucking Fett man.

Cowboy Bebop has a lot of cool stuff that would translate well into real-world props. I'm thinking of Jett's arm, Ed's goggles, the poker chip microchip, Faye's Betamax videotape.

Cowboy Bebop has a lot of cool stuff that would translate well into real-world props. I'm thinking of Jett's arm, Ed's goggles, the poker chip microchip, Faye's Betamax videotape.

Ooh, the betamax would new a really sweet one, and I suppose fairly easy too.

I'm thinking this: Get a real beta max tape off eBay and screw up the magnetic tape a bit. Then create the shipping package with layers and layers of current and futuristic stamps/postage.
For extra credit, record the anime footage (or the entire episode) onto the tape. =D

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ed's laptop would be cool.

I'm in the research stage of this project.

Ooh, the betamax would new a really sweet one, and I suppose fairly easy too.

I'm thinking this: Get a real beta max tape off eBay and screw up the magnetic tape a bit. Then create the shipping package with layers and layers of current and futuristic stamps/postage.
For extra credit, record the anime footage (or the entire episode) onto the tape. =D

I was actually on ebay yesterday looking at betamax tapes for this lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back