Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP

It's that time again. Updates? I may just model up a magplate and have it 3D printed.

Here's a super (read: super) hi-res image of the gun from the CD box. It's the solid piece Poseidon gun.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1244235/Hosted Files/cdbox-gunlarge.jpg

Mag plates are all ready for the machines but Im currently on summer vacation from school so I wont have access to the CNC's until September. Really sucks too cause I have 3 or 4 projects on hold cause they have parts that need machining. :cry

Grips need to be started over again from scratch because my laptop literally blew up (smoke and the whole shebang) and I stupidly didn't have that file on a flashdrive so I lost all my work that I didnt have backed up.:angry So right now I'm in the process of getting a new laptop. I'm really pissed about the whole situation but what can ya do outside of heading to the range and blasting off a few rounds :unsure

Dana

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that! How did your laptop explode? I'm always eager to hear a good laptop splosion story :p
Well I was working on a paper and I don't know if it over heated or what but the screen suddenly flashed bright white and then went black, followed by a loud pop/crack and smoke started to bellow out of the back vent. I immediately unpluged it, removed the battery and let it sit overnight. Tried putting the battery the following morning which was followed by another loud pop and more smoke and that was the end of that :unsure

WOW that's what happened to my Dremel a few months back, but with less screen flickering and more sparks flying lol. Can't wait to see your progress with school starts up again.

Hey guys, just put a Jericho .45cal on layaway at the local gun store. Not sure if it's a full size or semi-compact (no other comparisons available at the store) but I'm guessing semi-compact. Bringing this up because I would like to just cast the pistol grip section and build a grip from scratch using that. Then we would have a version that WOULD fit a real Jericho. Good thing about the .45 semi-compact (if that is what it is) is that it has the same size pistol grip as the 9mm/40/45 full size, so it would be interchangeable for those with different versions.

Spike, beings as you are the official expert of this style grip IMO, what exactly is the issue with securing the grips to the pistol itself?

Not taking over the thread, just a FYI at the moment for those who care. Still looking forward to those mag plates!

If you mean with the grips and base plate, that would be great. If you mean just the Jericho itself, I would think that just buying the toy version would be cheaper.

I'm hoping someone does the whole gun. Airsoft is illegal here in Australia :( And even for those in the US a resin gun is convention safe, I'm guessing at least some cons wouldn't allow functioning airsoft guns?

Some don't. I've heard horror stories of people having to fasten their props INSIDE their holsters, but most allow it. Being responsible comes into play. I wouldn't mind casting my Jericho, but it's the semi-compact version (sorry guys!).

Spike, beings as you are the official expert of this style grip IMO, what exactly is the issue with securing the grips to the pistol itself?

They just arn't safe to use on a real firearm. I believe Lear60man only had problems with his grips because of the type of Jericho he was fitting them to. I wish I had saved the pictures from the CharlesDaly forum (which no longer exists) since there was a good thread there about using them on a real Jericho.

Due to the way the grips are designed, accuracy will probably have to be sacrified for saftey, in the case of a real firearm. They 'snap' together on one side and screw together on the opposite, that's how DNG made their conversion kit and that's how it is in the show, but they would have to be re-designed to secure on both sides, like the version sold on YahooJP, to be considered safe.

Last edited:
I've had no problem with getting resin replicas through customs in the past, so I'm still very interested if someone does do a run :)

Anyone measured the thickness of the grips? This would be quite helpful with the scratchbuild.

Also, on that hi-res cd art pic I noticed that the ejection port cover has "9x19 3553" engraved on it. My Jericho only has ".45 CAL" engraved. Is this Bebop specific or on the original 941 as well?

On top of that, the frame it has K.B.I. info engraved,which was the real life importer of the Jericho in the 90's. Could Spikes be an imported model? Or is the cd art using a random Jericho for the pic? Never noticed this before just like the recoil spring being chrome.

[EDIT]: Anyone else notice that the safety won't because of the laser? The safety won't flip all the way down. Just a thought..

Last edited:
The conversion kit has a groove cut in the laser sight for the saftey to function properly on the Hudson. The solid cast piece has no groove like the version seen in the show. Spike's Jericho is the 9mm variant.

I mentioned in my link to the hi-res picture that the gun they used for the CD box was the solid cast DNG gun.

The conversion kit has a groove cut in the laser sight for the saftey to function properly on the Hudson. The solid cast piece has no groove like the version seen in the show.

Ok that is what I figured.

I mentioned in my link to the hi-res picture that the gun they used for the CD box was the solid cast DNG gun.

I use my phone as my main source of websurfing while I'm at work so I apologize for making anyone repeat themselves.

Range report: Hell yea! Solid as a rock. I put a small bead of silicone on the inner grips to absorb shock. Worked like a charm.

Finally got my Jericho in. Such a sweet weapon. I can start working on the grips soon I hope. I thought about modelling up the base plate. Would look so much better than the OEM plates.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back