Cowboy Bebop - Spike's Jericho 941 - WIP

Nice stuff guys.

Im fan of bebop was well, wish I could own one of these.

Well actually you kinda sorta can. Magnum Research just started importing them again, sadly stamped desert eagle pistol (likely because .41AE is extinct and 941 would't make much sense) and also with a different slide release. This place has a damn good price on them and its a good alternative for those who cant afford a original combo kit at $800-1000+ MAG MR9915R BABY EAGLE 9MM 15RD BLK $473.00 SHIPS FREE

Last edited:
^ Aside from being out of stock theres alot "wrong" with that gun. It's great if you want a real gun to use for personal protection or otherwise, but not if you're a fan of the series and want a replica.

I knew there was a reason I liked this gun enough to buy one. Picked up one in 45apc. So to recap, whats the skinny on slapping a set of the Bebop grips on her?

Last edited:
The Poseidon grips will fit on a real Jericho but they are not safe to use on a firearm. There's a guy that makes a "close enough" style grip which was designed for the real gun.(They also fit the Hudson)

There's two pics I posted at the top of page 3. He frequently lists them on Yahoo JP.

Last edited:
Thanks Spike. So the only inaccuracy im seeing on the 'page three grips' is the lack of a cutout by the thumb webbing on the left side. How is the right side. School me please as they look workable.

From what Im seeing, the front and back halves clip together on the right side and are bolted together on the left. Correct?

I bought the C02 pistol on gunbroker for $28 + $15 shipping as I dont want to use my real one as the guinea pig in silicone etc. Ill see how close the grip frame is to mine when it gets here. Im thinking some sort of ploy-resin or fiberglass for the grips. Something to absorb some recoil. Hard rubber?

If you see another set of the grips on YahooJP shoot me a PM!!:lol

Spike, I don't know how you find that stuff of YahooJP. Everytime I search for stuff of there is never works lol.

Anyone tried making a working laser yet?

Last edited:
I am shocked at how i missed this thread :eek

I'm a massive Bebop fan (if you cant already tell that from my profile pic) and all im missing to perfect my Spike costume is the Jericho.
If a resin run of these happens im down for at least 2.

Pics below.

Ok. So with the help of Spikes auction link I was able to get the grips from Japan using an auction service. All in all it was about $100 to my door. BTW they get all freaked out about 'gun' parts and say its against Japanese law to ship them out of Japan, including airsoft. Not true. So after winning that argument, it took about 3 weeks.

A couple of points. They will not fit a real Jericho out of the box. The frame is to wide front to back so the holes dont line up. They are off by 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. No amount of pressure will get them to line up. Besides they were going on a real firearm and the pressure would crack any stress points. The problem is that the CB grips are thickest on the sides and thinest in the front and back. The only option was to grind out enough material in the front and back so that they slid together. I started by wetting the front and back of the grip frame then test fitting the grips. When I pulled them off I could see high spots on the grips. In the end, material had to come off almost the entire length of the CB grips top to bottom. The trick was to remove the absolute minimum as I didnt want to weaken the structural integrity of the grips. Wet frame, check for high spots, Dremel. Repeat. Once I got the holes to 'almost' line up. I used a heat gun to very carefully heat the grips to fully conform the front and rear contours of the grip frame and cool in place. Now the holes lined up I screwed everything in place fairly tightly. You will be lucky to get the mag in at this point as the screw backs stick out into the mag well a mm or two. So I reheated the grips with the mag in place and everything cooled without warping. Other areas that will need trimming: inner lip of the grip where it will make contact with the mag base. Or you could round the upper lip of the mag base as it is plastic as well. Your choice. Rear grip inner mag rails (entire length). I then ran a bead of high temp silicone up and down the front and back grip frame to promote adhesion, eliminate any potential play and absorb shock.

Until someone comes out with a screen accurate set, these will do. They feel really good and are fairly solid. I think they are ABS. At least thats what it smelled like when Dremeling:lol

The real Jericho is on the right, Airsoft is on the left. BTW the airsoft Jericho is nice, heavy and good quality. Some angles are a little off and it is a tad longer than the real thing. But all in all totally worth the $40.

Jericho.jpg

Jericho1.jpg

Very nice!
Now when are you getting some silicon poured on those :p
Also, i may be in for 3 now, depending on price.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they didn't fit right due to the type of Jericho you have. It's an early model yeah?
There was a guy on the CharlesDaily forum who fitted them to his real Jericho with no mods. Either way, good job. They do feel better than the original grips.

The KWC gun isn't bad either, but it looks like you've got the 4.5mm version (metal slide) instead of the airsoft. The airsoft one is feather light without the mag, it weighs almost nothing. Has a different trigger too.

Would you please point me to the one who can make these for an IRL Baby Eagle?

I actually only joined this site so I can get a set for my Baby!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back