Mortal Kombat MK9 Scorpion/Subzero/Noob and Smoke masks Updated 9/25/11

SMOKE

while i was waiting on my smooth on to come in for another project, i thought i would start a side project to see if i could make a decent looking subzero dust mask. so i used a pep file from Vagabond (aka Nintendude) and unfolded by twistedxknights as a base, now im finishing up some smoothing on the main part. i still have alotta work to do. i need to clean up the front area and sculpt a vent cover, for function and cosmetics (hopefully i can sandwich some filter media in between it) then i need figure out the cheek vents functionally and cosmetically. making sure i get a good seal to keep the dust out. then i need to do strapping and all of that.

questions, comments, advice? all are welcome:)

this is what im going for

SubZero.jpg

4905170515_d9da04de6c.jpg

Another pic of the Subzero mask
DSC00061crop.jpg

After doing subzero i decided to do a scorpion. again from MK vs DC.

here's a screen cap from the game
240210-scorpion_super.jpg

here's what i got so far. better pics will come when it gets finished.
1101119691_photobucket_47136_.jpg

1101119691_photobucket_47137_.jpg

1101119691_photobucket_47138_.jpg

just a little more work on this one left. :)

Noob and Scorpion
IMG_20110925_151001-1.jpg

Smoke and Subzero

IMG_20110925_150946-1.jpg

SubZero Finished
DSC00061crop-1.jpg

Lining Material Close up

IMG_20110925_151013-1.jpg

My son's "Ermac-ish" mask (it's red lol)
ermacish.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe inspired dustmask Wip

I'd say mold that thing first before you turn it into a functional dust mask. I think you'd make some mortal kombat costumers happy. I would if I did

thanks for the comments!

i just got a package from Smooth On today hopefully in the next couple days i can get to finishing details and mold it along with the front vent cover. if my molds come out good (which im sure they will) i might have to start a interest thread in the junkyard ;)

thanks for the comments!

i just got a package from Smooth On today hopefully in the next couple days i can get to finishing details and mold it along with the front vent cover. if my molds come out good (which im sure they will) i might have to start a interest thread in the junkyard ;)

Please do!:thumbsup

ok so its been a busy couple days, got a new design client, finished mixing and mastering an album a buddy and I did and tomorrow im off to Austin for a Vacation/House sitting thing.(total run on sentence) he are are some pics of what i've done so far. missing some photos of various steps here. oh yeah when your working outside in 95 degree weather the rebound 25 cures beyond tacky in about 15-20 mins, just a tip.
anyways here ya go..

i sealed up the holes and whatnot on the mask with playdoh and glued it down to my working board then started applying the rebound.
4881478742_9e86ea41dc.jpg

after that all cured, i made the plasti paste shell. or as i call it hard mashed potatoes

4881394596_c462099c8f.jpg

i folded up the foil and added the other side of mashed potatoes
4880798723_a1e5f6344f.jpg

after all that dried this morning i cracked it open cleaned he mold and managed to get a couple good pulls from it and a couple failers:lol one of which i have an idea for already.:) anyways i figured id try out the smooth cast 300 that came with the kit and its good stuff but for this i think it hardens too fast making it a pain to slush around in and get a even coat (it is possible tho).

pardon my mess, been kinda busy
4883394622_a9e09ab559.jpg

Re: Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe inspired dustmask molded and pulled. Wip

Yes! Sorry guys been busy. did a lil cleaning up on a pull and did a quick test paint, and my trophy fiance' took some photos for me. here some pics. still working on getting some more casting materials together. will keep everyone informed. gotta finish the retro fit dust mask too.

4905170875_238b8582e3.jpg

4905759748_5eeb59ca1b.jpg

4905170515_d9da04de6c.jpg

Re: Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe inspired dustmask now with Reptile.

made a nasty pull the other day using fiberglass and resin, accidentally added too much hardner. it came out bad for Subzero but good for a Reptile. being reptile didnt make it into the DC vc MK game i decided to take a few liberties and turn it into a Reptile mask. Also i was experimenting with some lining options.

whatcha think?:)

4908200996_99364954bf.jpg

4908200662_81906cd49f.jpg

4908229744_f1a48a60cf.jpg

with lining

4907607575_40ed050283.jpg

Re: Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe inspired dustmask molded and pulled. Wip

thats cool! I'd like a reptile one!!! LoL

thats cool! I'd like a reptile one!!! LoL

my personal favorite of the two. i liked the way that it looks like it has been eaten by acid. i just redid the lining in both mask and added a strap to the reptile one. i can post pics of what i've done tomorrow. in about a week ill be getting some more smooth on for some subzero pulls. then i may try and pull a better looking reptile one.

Awesome work! Put me down for a finished painted and lined Subzero!

Re: Scorpion and Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe masks first post.

added scorpion to first post.

Re: Scorpion and Subzero Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe masks first post.

did a lil bit of work this weekend and snapped a few pics.. did a comparison with the subzero mask for size comparison

5065142998_0dcd70daef.jpg

5063422661_5b0d3554ca.jpg

5064033298_d616fc6166.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back