TimDrakeRobin - Seller Issues (banned)

Ok I need set the record straight here if my name is attched to a thread like this, Robert didn't have anything to do with the Ironman suits I did, but I did send him pics and a video that he posted for a thread he started on the LOH and I've done a few resin castings for him sorry I can't really help I have no idea what he is telling people or much about how he's doing business, but last I heard he's been having problems with the guy who is making his new Light boards not delivering, but I will see if I can get a hold of him let him know about this issue best I can do and hope the problem can be resolved.

Is Kim (ironmanworks or something to that nature) the same person that TMP had problems with awhile back?

Those people are located in UK, and to my knowlege no direct link to Tim Drake Robin, other than that in a photo Tim Drake Robin is wearing a Recast of the Oxmox Statue that the UK recasters did, and from photos of the helmets i seen TDR is also holding a helmet that he did not make. I am also told that TDR got hold of parts of our costume. Shortly after he started a Ironman project.....

Excuse me to chime in, Timdrake Robin contacted me trough a PM on another forum, and based on that mail Its contradicting to what you are saying. Apperently i got the email because i was asking to many questions. I have been told by the staff to stay away from this but since this is already in the open and someone else mention this, i think its fair to shed light over the facts and what not.

Also the evidence of the photos shared by TimDrakeRobin is the same as you used in this very forum. :confusedEven the story of you two colaborating on the Ironman Project. It might be one of those where Tim managed to dragg you allong with his past issues? I dont know..

Honestly i also suspect TimDrake robin to be on this very forum due to a conection in username match of another account that TimDrakeRobin used on one of his phototags on another website. :confused

So how can it be that TimDrakeRobin uses your photos on variouse forums?:unsure And telling story that he is making an Ironman Suit? In his topics he stands out that he is the person behind the suit project. Even two names are mentioned and if i am not mistaken one of the names is yours. :confused

Is TDR lying?

First off sorry always have a hard time following anything you say, but I got to say after a long talk with "spydrwoman11" over the phone today there's been alot of bull s**t and lies from Kim and Robert both I guess there's actually 3-4 people they scammed with that ugly recasted statue and come to find out they have been scamming with that since about last July and lying to these people about updates on the suits they bought on ebay for months later sending them pics from the progress of my suit on the RPF including Fett's finished suit pics claiming that was the finished suits they would be getting after waiting so many months, just to cover their own asses, now I did one suit the very first that believe it or was for "spydrwoman11" I started the suit in Oct last year when Robert told me about the Ebay scams and that "spydrwoman11" sent extra money after the fact of her loosing over 2 grand to just have it built and I hate to see any one get screwed over and I figured I would help her get a suit after this Ebay scamm problem Robert was playing the middle man I never had direct contact with her but finally after a deposit and I got it buit and Robert was going to dothe painting finish work on it but I told him nothing left my hands till it was paid for cause I've already been screwed over that way once before so I'm not that trusting so plans changed and I was to finish painting and be paid for the extra work on it but I heard nothing but excuses and they refused to give her a refund or put the funding in the right hands and now I'm finding out there's a history with these people and the fact they have been lying to people and using my posted pictures of my work really just pisses me off cause this started when I was trying to help out some one who was scammed and I've been dragged along with lies and BS and now I'm finally getting the damn truth from some one that knew what happend first hand and I'm just getting wind now from other people about it as well and I'm not happy with the idea he's trying to drag me into his lies and involvement in scamms using my hard work as a scapegoat.

Like I said I never built Kim or Robert any suits but when I was to help out one of the victems of their Ebay scam over a year ago it was for her not them and if he claims any work on my suits it's a big lie he's never even touched them I built all the molds formed all the parts myself and I even told him before he posted pics I took on another form I wasn't going to be mass producing or selling like he wanted to and if I do I pick who I would sell too he has no say in the matter cause he can't make them anyway so for him to take any credit is stupid and would be foolish to believe anything he says given he's banned from here and other sites which I was unaware till this Thread started so really he has no credability at all now the truth gets out and he's up s**t creek with out a paddle cause I'm not going to be the goose with the golden egg he can take advantage of or exploit is selfish lies and gain.

This is exactly one of the reasons the actual good folks just up and leave the forms like this cause you can't trust any one any more every one either lies to your face or stabs you in the back that's why I rather work alone cause atleast I'm honest and I can count on myself can't say that about any one else I know and it's a shame there's badeggs trying to ruin it for the rest and I hope to god any one else will never have or be apart of something like this.

So now the hard part is getting him to remove all his postings on any other site cause if he's lying or worse trying to take money from people claiming I'm making them suits is fraud and a scam cause I sure as hell never did or would I only have and ever have done commission work I don't hold stock or produce things as a resale.

I hope you now understand why i was so suspect of this whole thing and why i wanted to shed light over this, because to many factors were not right. This was one of the reasons why i was so upsett with it all. Hope you understand my side better, after getting the facts.

Last edited:
I ordered a suit now known to me as "Dark Asylums" suit from someone named Kim who said Robert/ Jason was making them with someone named Kyle. Well lets just say I'm a complete idiot and sent them a total of $2700 something almost a year ago and still to this date have nothing in my hands. I'm an idiot I know but I wish all I had to lose was $170.

I am sad to hear this,but if people would had listen to me a half year ago, i dont belive this would happend. Sorry for Dark Asylum, you and others who become victim to this.

What I don't understand is after they claimed I was making suits no one ever came to me in the first place or just to ask and let me know they were using pics off the RPF and riding people along sooner than this considing so many months after the people saw the recast suit onyx on ebay they were buying and months later a completely new MARK 3 was showen as what they were scammed into buying didn't any think it was just a little shady, but worse thing is I actually trusted Robert was telling me the truth and was trying to Help spyderwomen11 get her suit I honestly may have never built the suit in the first place if I didn't think I was trying to redeem a loss and now we need to figure out how to get these scammers to do what's right and stop lying and scrwing any more people over and they need to refund every one, and possibly find away to black ball them so no one will ever fall for this type of scam again.

I just saw this in the member updates section.

"08.14.2010 - JohnConstantine has been banned as a sockpuppet of TimDrakeRobin."

David

I just saw this in the member updates section.

"08.14.2010 - JohnConstantine has been banned as a sockpuppet of TimDrakeRobin."

David

I informed about this also a half year ago, good that enought evidence was found to finaly kick him out.
But sad it took so long time for more people to get scammed.

EDIT.. It got to be more than a half year ago because i got this from TDR in december from Superherohype.com

TimDrakeRobin45
Side-Kick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there John,
I am Robert just so you are straight on that. Kyle is who is known as DarkAsylum over on the RPF. He is my partner in the project. He has all the vac form know how. So please stop bugging the **** out of him. You are apparently not making suits any longer so there is no good reason to bother him. I know he is a bit abrasive and so are you so the attitudes don't mix well. Stay out of one another's business and there should be no issues then, pretty simple.

So Dark Asylum please exuse me for thinking you were his partner. But he told me he was, this is why i was so uneasy with you.
Sorry for you getting into trouble for lies.

Last edited:
I was just stupid for thinking I could trust him with any info of pics but he's never done any work on anything I posted he did scam me out of a set of raw parts he sold to those guys that sell those hockey armor robot costumes they tried to recast off those parts and were not successful thankfully also it was incomplete but it's still stealing and a loss to me, but I just posted a full thread based on his scam and the people he's invovled with I left names out wasn't sure if the mods would let me.

Abraisive, I'll be more then abraisive if I ever see him again I'm beyond pissed about this whole mess he's trying the drag me into to cover his tracks I will tell you that much.

the thread link I started is http://www.therpf.com/f24/urgent-scam-alert-please-read-93645/#post1331818 if any one else can provide info or links to help me cut off his ability to scam people, thanks.

I'm done with waiting now, so I have filed an official complaint here: https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx
If anyone wishes to do the same, I will let the officials investigate him now, I'm sure I won't see my money again or the Arc Reactor though, BTW Timdrakerobin still has the Ironman video on his youtube: YouTube - timdrakerobin's Channel
and was online 22hours ago but told me in an email a week ago that he would pay me back when his internet was working!

All the best to you all

Hmmmmm...where in the UK are these people....Maybe I need to get some of the guys together and go round for a little CHAT......:)

I'm done with waiting now, so I have filed an official complaint here: https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx
If anyone wishes to do the same, I will let the officials investigate him now, I'm sure I won't see my money again or the Arc Reactor though, BTW Timdrakerobin still has the Ironman video on his youtube: YouTube - timdrakerobin's Channel
and was online 22hours ago but told me in an email a week ago that he would pay me back when his internet was working!

All the best to you all

So any updates from the officials?

I have to add to this. Because he still must be on here in some alias. In August 2013 he referenced this forum and specific people as references, including the 501st. I too was scammed.

I was working on a Spiderman Cosplay when I commissioned him from ebay. Said he had a lot of 501st friends so I trusted him. Never got any references until he started ignoring me for months. When I tracked him down and threatened the Attorney, he was quick to give excuses. I had to file on Paypal when I noticed he started quickly stacking negative feedback.

I was able to get my $615 back from Paypal but he quickly created a new account. I started researching again because he had promised he would finish the job he started. I gave him 6 months and now I want to warn others of the scam. A google found he goes by many names and many complaints on many forums...

timdrakerobin
Robert sparkle
Robert tovani
Robert Gunderson
the3rdrobin@yahoo.com
Cortezafro@gmail.com
eBay Member: c.d.cosplay cdcosp_drip2755tgzc@members.ebay.com
eBay Member: redlynx21 redlyn_lz2305qdjx@members.ebay.com

I just found this. Sums it up nice since he promised me it would be done in a few weeks. And that he only had a week tops. And that he would make things right. And and and
That was August 2013!

This is now and since then. All he did was change aliases.

https://www.facebook.com/RTCustomDesigns
R.T. Custom Designs
March 9
DEAL OF THE DAY!!!
Hello boys and girls, men and women of all ages, today I have a pretty neat-o deal for you all. Ready to hear it? (Or read it :/) of course you are! Here we go,
ANYONE who orders a spidey suit by Monday March 10th (that's tomorrow) by 11pm gets raised webs for.....FREE!! That's a $150 savings!! "Is he crazy?" Fair question. A little yes, but not because of this. I'm wanting to see more people out there with cool spidey suits and this is a good way to do it. So shoot me a message of interested or pass the info to someone who might be.
Also, share this post and page. Let your friends know to tell me you sent them. You will be given a 10% discount on any purchase if you send someone this way.
Have a great weekend and may the schwartz be witchu!
...End of line

What can I do if a costumer won't deliver, give a refund and halts all communication?

I hope this is in the right section, if not please direct me there so I can post this!

So the short story is I paid someone for a costume, they didn't deliver on time, were incredibly unprofessional and now won't reply back that I'm requesting a refund.

Details: Last December I commissioned a guy whom makes costumes near me in Los Angeles to make me a new Captain America uniform from TWS. The guy charged alot but his previous costumes looked great, so I paid the first half up front through paypal. A few weeks later he claims that he ran into personal problems and financially he was suffering. I being the naive and gullible person I am, decide to in a show of good faith and hopes of expediting my costume, advanced him the rest in a money order... Building up to the deadline, no contact. I had to message, call, email, etc and finally got word that it wouldn't be ready but he swore it would be done before Wondercon... the day before wondercon, I finally get ahold of him after he ignored me again the week leading up to said con and now he can't do it. I told him we need to talk after the con to figure out a time, and I want to see photographic evidence of any progress he claims to have made.

So to recap, he busted two deadlines I set for him (capt america premiere and wondercon), and current date, he has stopped all communication and failed to deliver a single picture... at this point I'm now requesting a refund. I really wanted that costume so bad that I ignored all the spacy pauses between texts, even when he relayed an incorrect order statement to me for his last progress update in early April (said he was working on the helmet, it was never apart of the order). Now I just want my money back because I feel jerked around and lead on plus I missed TWS premiere. What can I do now? Thanks for your time and any advice.

I will post the guy's name and company after Friday.. I may be naively optimistic that he could pull through and because I don't want to do anything unprofessional so soon without a plan. Have texts, FB message traffic, and money order receipt still if that helps. I'm just feeling lost right now and this has been eating away at me for the last few months, don't mean to rant but I don't know what to do. Any advice is welcomed.

Re: What can I do if a costumer won't deliver, give a refund and halts all communicat

I assume you paid via Paypal? No matter what, if the guy still hasn't responded to you, I would out him IMMEDIATELY. Other people here may know him, and may also be able to contact him directly. Also, if he's screwing you over, chances are he is also screwing other people over, so the sooner people here know, the sooner he will feel the effects of his actions and hopefully resolve things with you without further action.

You aren't doing anything unprofessional at all. This guy made an agreement with you, broke deadlines repeatedly, and is now ignoring you hoping you'll go away. If I'm wrong, I'm sure he can pop in on this thread when he sees it and correct me, seeing as he's likely a member. At least then you'd have some communication.

Re: What can I do if a costumer won't deliver, give a refund and halts all communicat

Thanks for replying, you are right but I put my foot down as this Friday being his last chance. I'm talking to some of our mutual friends in the cosplay community now and I'm trying to resolve it at the lowest level now but planning for worst case scenario if things don't improve by Friday. And this guy told me he is taking a break from commissions, and I've watched his page and I don't see any new activity so I don't think anyone else is involved but I will let others know on this thread so they can beware as well.

Thanks for the advice, I really do appreciate you taking the time to offer you input with me.

It sounds like you are well beyond the ppal time to file a grievance. Best bet is what laelle said and try for peer pressure. This is a very small large community. If he gets a bad rep he will find it difficult to do business.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back