Dollar Store Arc Reactor Contest! (Winners Announced)

OB if you do through in another set of bible pages, I might suggest splitting them up. (they will go further that way, and it will make the set that is already spoken for, a little more special, for the higher placing person that already asked for the first set. )

Except nobody has claimed that set yet. ;)

Here's an idea... For the 9th and last prize I will donate 1 Bible page, aged or new, winners choice. That way there are two Bible page prizes. If you want two pages pick the one with two, if you only want one page pick the prize with one.

I'd offer something more but that's all I've got right now and Jason is right, I don't want to add something that would possibly make a higher ranked winner want to change their pick.

Yes OB is correct the bible page set, that is up for grabs now, is still available, as the list above shows. (I just got confused, for all the switching around we did early this week, but it's all good now. :) )

OB, adding another bible page, and letting the winner decide with style, would be a great idea. :) Would you like me to go a head, and and that to the list?

Yes OB is correct the bible page set, that is up for grabs now, is still available, as the list above shows. (I just got confused, for all the switching around we did early this week, but it's all good now. :) )

OB, adding another bible page, and letting the winner decide with style, would be a great idea. :) Would you like me to go a head, and and that to the list?

Sure. That way we have a prize for all of the winners.

I'll take the two Dalek "To Victory" posters!

(Thank you MacMantis!! And thank you to all the others who so generously donated prizes!)

Shylaah

Alright I would like an aged bible page, thank you all who voted and a huge thanks to orange blend for the page and for saving this contest.

In my case I just PM'd the people who chose my prizes, both have gotten back to me with their addresses and their prizes will be in the mail this weekend. If you don't hear from either Jason or the donator of your prize in the next day or so just pop the donator a PM, say thank you, and include your address. :)

Well, as I have said a few times now, everyone (who one something) was supposed to PM me, and then I was going to forward that info to the people who donated there prizes. (1. because, I was the one that asked them for the prizes, nad most of the them where expecting to here from me. 2. to keep it orderly, so that I would know, who had sent there info, and had there prize on there way to them, and who hadn't.) However, only about half the folks so far seem to have read the rules, and I never got a PM from the rest. :\

We did it that way for the Lightsaber contest, and it work out great, and was done the first day. However, for some reason it seems to be confusing folks now. :( So, now, you can either PM, or PM the person that donated your prize, but if your going to PM your person that donated your prize, or if they have PMd you. PLEASE POST HERE, THAT YOU DID THAT. (So, I can keep track of who's prize info is taken care of, and who still need their info passed on to the person who donated their prize.)

FOTOKID. I did PM you back, but these boards have been being glitchy for me. :( I keep editing my post and they don't take. I refresh pages, and they don't always show the new posts, or PMs, and the day your sent yours, every time I thought I sent a PM, I found out that they didn't go through, but that at least seems to be working now. Sorry, for the inconvenience. I will now resend the mailing info of the people who did bother to send me a PM, on to the people who donated there prizes.

Knightjar you need to PM me your mailing info, or PM it to jedifyfe, so we can get your paper props off to you. (I konw knightjar is away from his computer this week, so you may not hear from him until next week fyfe.)

Jedifyfe, you need to either PM me your Mailing info, or PM it to Shylaah, so we can get your pirzes out to you.

Shylaah, you need to PM me, or MacMantis, your mailing address, so we can get your prize on it's way to you.

Last edited:
Jason,
I'm so sorry that I forgot what to do about the prizes, but it just wouldn't be right to let something go right, right here at then end of this thing!!

You've done such a great job with getting the prizes and keeping this thing all together, that I can't apologize enough for contributing to your travail!!

I have contacted Jedifyfe and he has responded with his mailing information and I hope to get that sent off today.
Likewise, MacMantis has contacted me for my mailing information and I have PM'd it to him. So these two sets of folk are taken care of.

Thank you again and Orange_Blend for all you guys did to pull this thing out of the fire before it was complete toast. Your efforts are much appreciated!

Shylaah

Here is the updated list. :)

Good morning everyone. (or if it's not morning where you are, then substitute whatever applies. ) And, congratulations to all our winners. Everyone did a great job on their reactors, thank you all for entering, and for sticking with us, wall the contest has changed hands. (more then once. )

Here is how this will work:

Official prize choosing order (pending prizes) will be:

1 - Best Overall - 6 - Knightjar

2 - Best Custom - 3 - Steveng

3 - Best Movie Accurate - TIE between A & B, B won the coin toss - Jedifyfe

4 - 2nd Best Overall - A - FOTOKID

5 - 2nd Best Movie Accurate - SFNox

6 - 2nd Best Custom - 2 - Shylaah

7 - 3rd Best Overall - 8 - Jwm96

8 - 3rd Best Custom - 7 - Helix_3 - Disqualified meaning it's a tie between 1 & 4, 1 won the coin toss - TK5455

9 - 3rd Best Movie Accurate - E - Grundy

10 - *3rd Best Custom Runner Up* - 4 - Robert Rodriguez

If a member wins two categories they will only receive the prize for the highest "ranking" category. There will be lots of entries leaving with prizes.

Each winner will post here in turn (Best Over All first, then Best Custom, then Best Movie Accurate, and so on, fallowing the pattern posted above. ) Witch prize they would like to claim. (please wait your turn.)

Once you post here, witch prize you would like please PM me your mailing information, so that I may forward it to the donator of your prize, so that they can mail it to you.

We will continue in this fashion, until we run out of prizes.

Without further delay, here is your prize list (in no particular order), and once again, thank you so much to all that donated prizes.

1. Two $50 best buy gift cards donated by FusedNova (claimed by Steveng.Mailing info sent to FusedNova)

2. Iron Man paper prop Set donated by Jedifyfe. Includes: (claimed by Knightjar, mailing info sent to jedifyfe.)

Newspaper
Rollingstone cover
Forbes cover
Wired cover
Newsweek cover

3. Two Dalek 'To Victory' Poster replicas donated by MacMantis (Claimed by Shylaah, Mailing info exchanged )

4. Two Indiana Jones Raiders Bible Pages (one aged, one new) donated by Orange-Blend (Claimed by SFNox, and OB has your mailig info)

5. A set of the Iron Man 2 video game film cell pre-order bonus donated by Kenobius (chosen..... well...... chosen for TK5455, mailing info sent on to kenobius.)

6. An Iron Man canvas bag, promoting the release of IM2 on DVD donated by micdavis (Chosen by Grundy, mailing info sent to micdavis.)

7. Two Dram tree mugs, a Yoda and a Boba Fett. One is numbered 002 and the other is a pre-production. Donated by fuelish. (claimed by FOTOKID, mailing info sent to Fuelish.)

8. Iron Man Fun Pack. Donated by Shylaah (claimed by Jedifyfe, mailing info exchanged. :))

a mini microlight kite
a pack of 3 mini frisbee disk
on the go Adventure set--note pad, crayons stickers
a pack of temp tatoos
a mini poster with stickers
a digital watch

9. Orange-Blind has been nice enough to donate another Iniana Jones Bible page. (the person who picks this prize, can choose from new, or aged) (aged bible page, claimed by jwm96, and OB has your mailing info.)

(I know, it may seen like some of the individual prizes should have been "split up", but this is how they were offered, and how it has been posted to date, and I feel it would be unfair to split them up at this point. I think if the winners have had their hart set on a prizes as it was listed, it would be unfair to ask them to settle for less then all of that prize.)

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone that participated in, donated prizes and those that got this contest back on track!

A new contest has been started, so I have unstuck this thread.

Looks like only 2 prizes remain with this. The Iron Man 2 video game film cell, and the canvas bag. After TK5455 picks his prize I'll obviously take the other. Just so Jason won't have to wait on me after TK5455 I'm going to go ahead and PM him my shipping info. Thank OB and jason for taking this contest over great reactors everyone.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back