Dollar Store Arc Reactor Contest! (Winners Announced)

Nice work everyone! I was hoping to submit my own work of art but alas, it never got past the "thinking about it a couple of times" stage.

I vote:
B

Since the contest is now over, I figure I can post this. I have created a short write-up on the construction of my Arc Reactor. Here is the link: Dollar Store Arc Reactor Contest - a set on Flickr

Congratulations to the winners. Great job by all who entered. It was a fun contest.

Thanks to DarthCalibar for starting the contest and to OrangeBlend and Jason1976 for finishing it.

Ladies and Gentlemen it is now official, voting is closed!

Here are the winners:

1 - Best Overall - 6 - Knightjar
2 - Best Custom - 3 - Steveng
3 - Best Movie Accurate - TIE between A & B, B won the coin toss - Jedifyfe
4 - 2nd Best Overall - A - FOTOKID
5 - 2nd Best Movie Accurate - SFNox
6 - 2nd Best Custom - 2 - Shylaah
7 - 3rd Best Overall - 8 - Jwm96
8 - 3rd Best Custom - 7 - Helix_3 - Disqualified meaning it's a tie between 1 & 4, 1 won the coin toss - TK5455
9 - 3rd Best Movie Accurate - E - Grundy
10 - *3rd Best Custom Runner Up* - 4 - Robert Rodriguez

For the two tied categories I felt the most fair way without dragging things out was a coin toss. With Jedifyfe and FOTOKID I think it worked out alright because FOTOKID was the winner of the next category anyways. Due to the fact that losing the coin toss meant that Robert would not have won a prize I've added another prize slot as I don't think he should go completely unrewarded. I'm optimistic that Jason will have enough prizes drummed up to cover everyone on this list!

If anyone thinks that the coin toss tie breaker was unfair I'm open to hearing alternatives.

I, of course, could not vote but for the record I would have voted: 3, A, 2

Everyone should be VERY VERY proud of their reactors! If anyone wants to send me theirs I wouldn't complain. :lol

I'm now going to turn this contest over to Jason1976. The prizes listed in the second post are not all there is so I'll let him break everything down and create a list for the winners to choose from.

Winners please don't post what prize you would like until Jason has posted this final list!

Good morning everyone. (or if it's not morning where you are, then substitute whatever applies. :) ) And, congratulations to all our winners. Everyone did a great job on their reactors, thank you all for entering, and for sticking with us, wall the contest has changed hands. :) (more then once. )

Here is how this will work:

Official prize choosing order (pending prizes) will be:

1 - Best Overall - 6 - Knightjar
2 - Best Custom - 3 - Steveng
3 - Best Movie Accurate - TIE between A & B, B won the coin toss - Jedifyfe
4 - 2nd Best Overall - A - FOTOKID
5 - 2nd Best Movie Accurate - SFNox
6 - 2nd Best Custom - 2 - Shylaah
7 - 3rd Best Overall - 8 - Jwm96
8 - 3rd Best Custom - 7 - Helix_3 - Disqualified meaning it's a tie between 1 & 4, 1 won the coin toss - TK5455
9 - 3rd Best Movie Accurate - E - Grundy
10 - *3rd Best Custom Runner Up* - 4 - Robert Rodriguez

If a member wins two categories they will only receive the prize for the highest "ranking" category. There will be lots of entries leaving with prizes.

Each winner will post here in turn (Best Over All first, then Best Custom, then Best Movie Accurate, and so on, fallowing the pattern posted above. ) Witch prize they would like to claim. (please wait your turn.)

Once you post here, witch prize you would like please PM me your mailing information, so that I may forward it to the donator of your prize, so that they can mail it to you.

We will continue in this fashion, until we run out of prizes.

Without further delay, here is your prize list (in no particular order), and once again, thank you so much to all that donated prizes. :)

1. Two $50 best buy gift cards donated by FusedNova (claimed by Steveng.)

2. Iron Man paper prop Set donated by Jedifyfe. Includes: (claimed by Knightjar)

Newspaper
Rollingstone cover
Forbes cover
Wired cover
Newsweek cover

3. Two Dalek 'To Victory' Poster replicas donated by MacMantis

4. Two Indiana Jones Raiders Bible Pages (one aged, one new) donated by Orange-Blend

5. A set of the Iron Man 2 video game film cell pre-order bonus donated by Kenobius

6. An Iron Man canvas bag, promoting the release of IM2 on DVD donated by micdavis

7. Two Dram tree mugs, a Yoda and a Boba Fett. One is numbered 002 and the other is a pre-production. Donated by fuelish. (claimed by FOTOKID)

8. Iron Man Fun Pack. Donated by Shylaah (claimed by Jedifyfe)

a mini microlight kite
a pack of 3 mini frisbee disk
on the go Adventure set--note pad, crayons stickers
a pack of temp tatoos
a mini poster with stickers
a digital watch

9. Orange-Blind has been nice enough to donate another Iniana Jones Bible page. (the person who picks this prize, can choose from new, or aged)

(I know, it may seen like some of the individual prizes should have been "split up", but this is how they were offered, and how it has been posted to date, and I feel it would be unfair to split them up at this point. I think if the winners have had their hart set on a prizes as it was listed, it would be unfair to ask them to settle for less then all of that prize.)

Last edited:
im in third so i choose after the 2nd place chooses?

You are 3rd in the "best over all" category, but since this is a multiple category contestm you have to fallow the pattern above. Witch means, you have to wait for all the 1st placing people in each category to pick their prizes, and then for the 2nd place winners in each of the categories to pick theirs, and then you will pick, as the first of the 3rd placing people. (in other words you'll be the 7th to pick. :( )

We are just doing the best we can, within the guide lines that Darth originally laid out for the contest. Since those are the rules everyone has tried to follow from the start.

As I have said before, I personally would have never done this as a multiple category contest, but it wasn't my contest to start with, and by the time OB, and I took it over, it was too late for us to do anything about it.

oh okay i see thats cool, i can wait....i think :D
does one person get 2 posters or 2 bible pages, or do two people get 1 poster or 1 bible page?

oh okay i see thats cool, i can wait....i think :D
does one person get 2 posters or 2 bible pages, or do two people get 1 poster or 1 bible page?

Well. as I have said, as much as I think some of those prizes should have been "split up" they have been listed all along as one prize (not by me) and so, I feel they should be offered as "sets" or "lots".

So, if you pick the gift cards, you get both. If you pick the bible pages, you get both, etc, etc, etc. Since that is how they have been listed, and the way some my have had their heart set on getting them.

HOWEVER! If, a person wants to share their prize, that would be very nice of them, but not required. For example, If it comes up to someones turn, and they want to say "I would like the bible pages, but I only want the weathered one, and you can let the other one go to someone else." That would be just fine. :) But, you can't mix in match. (i.e. you can't take one bibble page, and then ask for one of the gift cards. You only pic one prize, it's up to each person, if they want to only take part of that prize.)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back