my Public Enemies collection.

Caplan

Sr Member

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi guys

I am fan of the movie Public Enemies
here the first pic for my items of John Dillinger and Spécial Agent Melvin Purvis.

with hat, Thompson 1921A1, Colt 45, wanted poster, pic of Homer Van Meter
similar star visible on movie, and more items....

others pics soon.

bests

Caplan

Great collection Marc, I love the hat and firearms displayed with the paper props but I'm curious about your firearms. Are they all real and functional?

I know we talk about paper props a lot but I have a true interest in firearms and have a small collection myself but due to a business failure, I'm broke thus my interests in paper props.

Years ago I started a collection of functioning firearms of which I have 16. Some are replica black powder muzzle loading pistols and long arm, some modern day pistols and long arms of which some former military, of which are semiautomatic civilian versions of fully automatic weapons. Since obtaining automatic weapons in the States is possible but quite expensive. I would love to have a functioning Thompson semiautomatic as it's so well connected to the late 20's and 30's here in the States. I am enamored with the 20's through the 40's and I'm literally drooling over your Thompson.

Very nice. I just finished watching PE on HBO for the fourth or fifth time since they started showing it.

I've fired a full auto thompson once, and a semi auto many times. It's probably my favorite gun to shoot on the range.

The 1911's to the right, umarex and bruni replicas?

What hat is that? Looks like an Akubra Federation.

I'd love to get an Optimo in the original Ox Blood felt, but $550 is a lot to spend on a hat!

Great collection, love it and Im not really a gun kinda guy.
Some other timeline appropriate props would look great with your collection,a newspaper, pack of cigarettes and some plies of prop paper money,
a few with blood stains come to mind.

thank you for your compliments guys great appréciate.

for the other items and display soon...

the Hat it's Akubra fédération de Luxe.
the Colt 45 to the right yes! it's réplica Bruni and Umarex.
to the left it's true Colt 45 11mm43 ( great weapon )
to the left also old copy Smith and Wesson Spanish ( true also ).

the Thompson 1921A1 réplica Denix ( for me very nice copy )..
but I have true Thompson 1928A1 model ( very nice machine gun )

thank for your interets on my thread guys.

bests

Marc

Last edited:
AWESOME COLLECTION!! i love that movie. not alot of folks did. love the guns, my favorite is the 1911 .45 apc.

"the weight is sign of reliablity. if it doesn't work ,you can always hit them with it!!"

Hello guys

new display for my Public Enemies collection
with the réplica blood shirt of John Dillinger, gilet, grey hat, little Dirringer used in the true story by J. Dillinger.
paperwork of Homer Van Meter and other wanted poster, Colt Cobra inside holster, and pic lawmen hunter Dillinger.

thanks again Neil, for your great pic and paperprops.

bests

Marc

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back