Star Trek TOS Space Ship Set

trekriffic

Sr Member
This is the 1/1600 or so scale 3-Ship "Space Ship Set" featuring the Federation Constitution-Class Starship ( Enterprise ), the Klingon D7 Battlecruiser, and the Romulan Bird of Prey from the original Star Trek series.
This was a snap-together kit I originally built straight OOTB back in the early 80's which was then redone in the late 90's with several modifications made to each ship to make them more screen accurate. I think the bussards on the Enterprise took the most time to get right.

D7:
KlingonD-71-1600AMTspaceshipset012.jpg

KlingonD-71-1600AMTspaceshipset013.jpg

KlingonD-71-1600AMTspaceshipset016.jpg

KlingonD-71-1600AMTspaceshipset015.jpg

BOP:
RomulanBOP1-1600AMTspaceshipset021.jpg

RomulanBOP1-1600AMTspaceshipset022.jpg

RomulanBOP1-1600AMTspaceshipset018.jpg

RomulanBOP1-1600AMTspaceshipset019.jpg

Enterprise:
NCC-17013ShipSetPic006.jpg

NCC-17013ShipSetPic007.jpg

NCC-17013ShipSetPic001-1.jpg

NCC-17013ShipSetPic005.jpg

Bussard Detail:
EngineDetailSpaceSeed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty nice! I like the bussard collectors....was that a decal or paint?

The bussards were done using a combination of several layers of enamel paint and gel ink pens blended with a microbrush then sealed with Testors dullcote followed by a coat of Future then more dullcote. I wanted the finish fairly flat so light wouldn't reflect off them when photographing.

Last edited:
Very well done!:)

Thanks! About the only thing I didn't modify on the Enterprise was the B-C deck on top of the saucer. I spent a lot of work accurizing this one as it had every inaccuracy found with the larger 18" kit just in a much smaller scale which actually made some of the mods more difficult (like the fantail and hangar doors).

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back