TIE fighter vs. Vader's TIE overall dimensions?

lonepigeon

Master Member
I need some help with the overall dimensions of the standard TIE fighter and Vader's TIE advanced.
I assume that both ANH models were made to scale with one another and probably shared some parts.
Can someone post the height and width of the side panels on each and the overall width of the ships from the front?

Also if anyone knows the scale or size of the figures used inside the models that would be awesome.

I'm not a scale model builder this is actually preliminary research for the continuing series of Star Wars Blueprint posters that I'm an artist on.

Thanks!

The figures are 1/24. Some licensed stuff has given kinda dubious scales for these ships; are you going to be allowed to come up with a plausible figure? That would be nice!

Can someone post the height and width of the side panels on each and the overall width of the ships from the front?

Hey Chris,

I have an ICONS TIE-Fighter, which was a decent one-off casting of the pyro version of the standard TIE-Fighter. Would the dimensions of that suffice?

Also if anyone knows the scale or size of the figures used inside the models that would be awesome.

Both models used the same pilot figure, which was a combination of the pilot body from the 1/24 Airfix Harrier kit, the arms from the 1/24 Airfix Messerschmitt Bf 109 kit, and a head that was either a custom sculpt or came from some currently undiscovered 1/24 kit, possibly of a dragster or motorcycle. So the short answer, as Martyn said, is 1/24 for the pilots.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back