Airwolf 5 foot Screen used filming miniature

ave4uevoli

Sr Member
Finally got my holy Grail (okay I said that about the Flag Semi, I know, but this time I mean it. :rolleyes

It came from my good friend Gary Cannavo. You all know him from his website . Short and sweet, he owns the Galactica...and a whole slew of other things. The guy is fantastic to talk to and has so many stories to share. Back in the day he got this from Jack Sessums directly.

I'm a huge fan of the late great Jack Sessums. he's worked on the two most important shows in my life, knight rider and airwolf.

So the crate with the 5 foot screen used miniature came today. The crate used to ship it was bigger than the flag semi crate if you can believe it (see my flag semi post if you don't know what I'm talking about)

It took me 20 minutes to get out all the screws and another 30 just to sit there and gawk.

I didn't have that much time to look at it and inspect it but at first glance i could tell it was one of the rc flyers. It still has some of the electronics in it and the ball bearings at the foot of the main rotor.

I know you're all going to kill me for not sharing pics tonight but I'm typing this in bed on my iPod as My baby just fell asleep. I just wanted to share the excitement. Is it wrong that i would rather go downstairs and sleep with airwolf? Haha

Pics coming tomorrow!

Last edited:
Okay - here are some pics. Some pieces have fallen off. Old glue. But it shouldn't take too long to put everything back on. Luckily nothing got broken in transit.

I noticed that there is a pilot in the pilot's seat too.

I didn't have too much time to play with everything. I got a glimpse of the insides. I saw a lot of gears/wires. I can't tell for certain if this was a pole flyer or an r/c flyer. I guess I'll figure it out once I get to the insides.

Just for a size comparison: The crate in the back is the crate that the flag semi came in. I was shocked when the airwolf crate came and it was bigger and heavier.
In the lower picture - those are 1:1 vader helmets - so you can see, this thing is pretty massive.

CIMG4591.jpg

CIMG4596.jpg

CIMG4603.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

I'm almost positive that the airwolf that is being held back Jack in the first picture of this website (made by David Laux who had the courtesy of responding to my emails while trying to figure out the history of the miniature)

In Memory of Jack Sessums

Jack_Sessums.jpg

the color, the nosepiece, the engines, windows, main rotor color all match. Some of the weathering that I can make out on the tail stabilizers and underside also matches.

How cool is that? A pic of Jack holding the airwolf... :)

Click around - that site is absolute gold for pictures of filming miniatures. :love

Last edited:
She is a beaut on so many different levels! Thanks for sharing these pics but I agree with Art ... we need more!

Post one alongside the Semi!

OH MY GOD!!! Jealousy is not even close to the word I want to use. Did you buy this, or was it just dropped in your lap? I always wanted to make a replica at that size with a fully detailed interior to fit action figures. Of all the things I've always wanted to do and never got to, that's the top of the wish list. Now all you need is a drunken signature from Jan Micheal. :lol

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys. I'll try and get those little bits back onto the airwolf as soon as possible.

oh and Gary and I are friends. He's graciously taken the time to introduce me to the world of screen used prop collecting. It is very different than replica prop collecting. That being said, no this was not free....as nothing in life is free. People may love you - but no one will ever love you enough to give you a screen used airwolf for free.

I did a little more digging and found that there was a motor inside that spins the main and tail rotor. I am testing the wiring to try and figure out what type of power this may need to get it running again. (did the same thing with the semi to get those lights in the trailer to run) This is a secondary objective. I just think it would be wonderful to get the original motor to work and to have airwolf "live" again.

Last edited:
I'm absolutly Jealous!!! Thanks for sharing the Photos, it's amazing to see this after all these years!

I'd love to have an Airwolf that was remote controlled!

I hope you can get it flying again!:thumbsup

thanks for the answers to my question.
At movieobjects we would like to publish somme of your pics on our website for french audience. Wold it be possible ?

That is mind blowingly awesome! I just looked at the pictures, and automatically started humming the Airwolf theme music....You just can't stop it :D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back