Tricorder VI (Star Trek: TNG Season 1 & 2)

acameronuk1979

Hi,

I am wondering where I might be able to get some electronics for my Tricorder VI that I purchased many years ago from Federation Surplus. This static prop also has the spring loaded door but not the mechanical ratchet. I have been advised to use a cable tie but m unsure how to apply this to my tricorder.

Use the link below to see a short clip of this tricorder.

YouTube - Star Trek Tricorder VI

Please, any help will be appreciated.

alex.cameron@thehousenet.net

Thanks.
A

gmprops was making electronics for the Mark VI and VII's. You may want to contact him. His sound board also recreates the ratchet sound effect.

Sean

@startrek101
i read this somewhere that someone had used a cable tie to make the ratchet sound
for his tricorder but for the hell of it can't remember were. :confused :unsure.
Buy a set of the electronics off gmprops the electronics make the ratchet sound for you. :)

In theory, its the 'teeth' in the cable tie which, when run through, say, a flat plastic, would make that ratchet sound. However, because a cable-tie is made of (pvc?) plastic, it gets worn over time.

I am not sure if its correct but its my theory...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back