Bagpuss Professor Yaffle

Dudleywigley

This makes a change from the normal weapons of hideous death I normally post. Bagpuss was a children's TV series here in the UK in the 1970s and was recently voted the best Children's series EVER! (quite rightly too..) Only 13 episodes were made and they would melt the heart of even the most hardened survivalist nutjob so I urge non-UK folk who have never heard of it to give the DVD a go - it's brilliant!

The series (and a few others) was actually knocked up by two blokes in a shed so we can all identify with that.

Anyway, one of the charcters in the show was a carved wooden bookend in the shape of a woodpecker called Professor Augustus Barclay Yaffle and here he is in all of his mouse-baiting glory. He is fully articulated just like the original and, unlike most of my shooty-bang creations will impress members of the opposite sex.

Hope you like the change of pace!

Yaffleweb1.jpg

yaffleweb2.jpg

HA!

very good, glad to see different stuff on here and this most definitely ticks that box

well done

ps. im far too young to remember the show...............

I loved Bagpuss growing up and wish more children's programs these days were as innocent, inventive and captivating. Yaffle actually scared the hell out of me, but what a great idea for a prop, really nicely done and refreshing to see. I wonder what became of the original?

Being from the States, I have no clue of the program and its' characters but that is fine workmanship. I love it!

Ahh memories............innocence....... they were the days. Excellent work my friend , now get out the needle and thread and do a bagpus. If you do a run i'm in. How about the Clangers as well? Ah to be young again...................

Thanks guys - I may indeed have a crack at the marvelous mechanical mouse organ - The commercial Bagpusses and mice are quite good, as are the Clangers - speaking of which the Iron Chicken from that series would be a great challenge and a buddy for Yaffle... will scour ebay for vintage mechano to make her...

This is brilliant - one of my fave shows when I was little. My kids enjoy watching the episodes even today.

Genius!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back