Jabba's Sail Barge.

Rodmart85

Hello to everyone.
My name is Rodolfo Martínez, I am an illustrator, drawer and modeler. I posted some drawings of the R2 strip for the SS X-Wing and some of my work to share with the amazing people of this forum. I have learned quite a lot about the X-Wing ILM model's history thanks to the very well informed modeleers that are part of this community.
I was asked to show more pictures of my Sail Barge so here they are!
I built this Sail Barge back in 2003, it took me a couple of months to have it ready. I worked with a friend that builded a 2nd one after some styrene patterns a made as I builded mine, so we had two Sail Barges ready almost at the same time. We sold both of the to American Star Wars figure collectors.
The Sail Barge was not a Studio Scale replica but a playset model for the classic Star Wars figures.
The Sail Barge was 1.76cm in lenght and had a Jabba's throne room, a corridor with a stair that connected to the deck, ( just like in the movie) and a kind of cantina to place more figures.
The inner structure of the Sail Barge was made out of a 1 cm thick structure cardboard covered with 1mm styrene sheets. The fuselage was made with 1mm thick Styrene sheets too.
I hope you like the pictures!!

Thanks Darth Myeek and MonsieurTox!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm glad to participate here!

Wow Rodolfo, great stuff ! 176 cm, my god that's huge !
Very well done, I like the details and the paintjob (color and weathering) look spot on. What did you use to make the sails ?

Your T-33 profile is very good too, that's nice with the release of the new 1/32 T-33 !

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to everyone for your words!
I'm glad you enjoyed my work.
T2SF, you are right, I was working with a friend in those days, back in 2003, making figures and modeling, we sold both Sail Barges in e.bay at U$ 1.500. I I remember well, they both went to America.
MonsieurTox, thanks. The sails were made out of 0,7mm Styrene sheets with wooden masts.
I,ve been working on my X.Wing blueprints and I must say it is very tough, in a couple of weeks I have come to realize how different each ILM wing is!
It´s so difficult to decide which one to try to measure!.
Anyway, as hard as it is I am advancing in quite well.
Thanks to everyone.

Wow I thought the sails were clothes of some sorts, the color does match the original very well !

As for the wings, yeah there is some differences, mainly between the hero models...

Hi Rodolfo, great to find you over here:lol

We´ve met at last Jedi Con. I´m the guy who played Yoda behind you on stage.

Your sail barge looks incredible. Great work (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

NIcely done. I did a similar model, 5 feet long about 8 years ago - these are the only surviving photos I have of it...
MarksSailBarge.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back