Ronin Warriors?

Jawafive

Sr Member
Has anyone here done a Ronin Warriors outfit? I've seen a few out there, but this honestly seems perfect for pepakura or something similar.

I VERY badly want to see, and do, a Ronin Warriors group one day. "Right".
So far all I've found out there is:
Amateur level:
2018626.jpg

Advanced technique, poor execution:
Wildfire2.jpg

I find myself having a significant.. "need"... to make this armor... and make it feel the way it's supposed to here: An ancient, mystical, and terrifying armor with a demon-like presence.
Much less the armor of Inferno!!
ArmorofWildfire.jpg

Can't forget the katanas that can clip together at the kashira :D

Kinda epic, I have to say that is a cool idea, I never thought about making that, I loved that show, I still have the toys, not sure if i should try the red one or the white form he gets later.

i'd slightly modify the undersuit to be more traditional samurai with the main armor on top. that'd make it more manly and ancient as opposed to white spandex.

It wasn't white spandex in the show. That is just the cheap way people go to save time/effort.

Well, no-one I've seen has "actually" used spandex.
For instance in the pictures above, everyone is wearing white pants. Probably bought from a thrift store :wacko

Personally, and here me out on this, because I work in a fabric store with the largest 'in-store' selection of stretch material in the South-East... *ahem*.
Lycra is an excellent material for the under-suit, however... the 'issue' is how it should be approached and made. The undersuits on the show are skin-tight, flexible, and have raised details. Trying to make an undersuit as seen would be nigh impossible to sculpt and cast while keeping the same amount of flexibility and breath-ability you'd hope for a costume like that (thinking predator suits here..)
Vinyl would be a good looking alternative, but show me one that can stretch and be comfortable and I'll eat my words.

Now, If you're thinking about some-one going out to wal-mart and buying a white zyflex top and bottom, or purchasing a 'zentai suit' off of Ebay, yes. I see where you're coming from...
But isn't the point to make everything from the ground up? Find the "right Lycra" (White:brushed cotton lycra IMO) and make the pattern from scratch, If you add foam padding to create the 'tiered' effect in the armor... you'll be cookin.

Last edited:
If someone peps this It would be up my alley even more, and I agree with Tsuyosa, I tried making a Cloud costume from FFVII AC, and I was roasting in it cause I used crummy materials.

I agree with everyone, perfect for pepakura. I've been looking for this series on DVD for a while, I'll have to see if I can order it and start taking reference pictures. I don't have the skills to create the 3D files, but people can always use reference pictures :)

I have to say I have been looking for ronin warrior pep files for a long time now and I can't seem to find any, dose anyone know where I can find some? or maybe someone that wants to make them?

im trying to find a set of the spring armor worn by anubis, if i could find the figure again i would just freehand the armor in sintra, but thats down the line, since i still have to finish my iron panther

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back