eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

I honestly expected this to arrive already. Pretty bummed that it hasn't arrived yet but, I would rather they get it right first. I just hope that doesn't put us into next year... that money is burning a hole in my pocket! :love

I'm working on a display for this and the X-Wing and I'd love to know two things if the powers that be know this information yet.

First, I'd like to know what the height of the base is and if it's going to have a removeable plexi-glass top like the X-Wing does? If it does have the removeable plexi-glass then I just need the height of the base without the glass, please.

Second, what is the distance from the bottom of the wings to the floor when mounted on the base?

Both answers would help me finish my display without having to wait for this to actually ship. :cool Thanks in advance! :thumbsup

I've emailed eFX several different times inquiring about this and other questions and I've NEVER received a response from them so I hope we can get some answers here. :thumbsup

This is bordering on the ridiculous, now. I sure hope my "deposit" hasn't become a charitable donation. If it has, I'd sure like to know so I can be sure to claim the proper tax deduction. :lol

Levity aside, this deposit-oriented business model isn't likely to attract buyers to the newer products when said buyers are still waiting for any scrap of information from the licensee about their previous purchases.

I think it's unreal that all the information in this thread about EFX's schedule is, essentially, hearsay. As a consumer who registered an account (and email address) with EFX - and forked over the not trivial deposit for the TIE - is it really that much trouble for the licensee to provide quarterly updates via email? Not responding to direct customer emails is one of those "red flags" that begins to erode consumer confidence. Something to consider before laying down a deposit for any of those newer products.

I've got other products I've been waiting on for much longer, and for more money, from folks without licenses. But, I know where they are with their projects...because they communicate.

I too wish it'd get released ... so I can check the wing stars against my measurements, so we can then pull the trigger and make these wings for our hero vintage Koolshade deelies! :lol

We're making our own! Lasercut styrene... the resin ones Steve made are awesome, but way-thick, and it's just easier for me to start over

All the plant-ons will be resin castings, and every TIE made will be an exercise in zen, as each TIE needs four sets made from scratch. But man, will it look good when finished!

If the Koolshade wasn't $600, I wouldn't be going though the extra steps - but i want the best!

All the plant-ons will be resin castings, and every TIE made will be an exercise in zen, as each TIE needs four sets made from scratch. But man, will it look good when finished!

If the Koolshade wasn't $600, I wouldn't be going though the extra steps - but i want the best!

I want to do 'Hero' wings for mine as well and already have the Koolshade.

I hope you document your progess in a thread Jason - would be great to see what you do with this.

To get this back on topic...yeah, what the heck is going on?! Thanks for the info about the emails Allan.

This experience is yet another that will have me thinking twice before doing business with someone in this business again. I'm not sure, but it seems efx keeps introducing products and hasn't seemed to be delivering anything yet this year.

When I noticed efx's Barry (I think it's Barry) selling off his collection here in the junkyard I was hoping it wasn't for funds to keep efx afloat - you have to wonder because of the zero communication and months of delays. So guys, please speak up and let us know these are shipping asap!

This is bordering on the ridiculous, now. I sure hope my "deposit" hasn't become a charitable donation. If it has, I'd sure like to know so I can be sure to claim the proper tax deduction. :lol

Levity aside, this deposit-oriented business model isn't likely to attract buyers to the newer products when said buyers are still waiting for any scrap of information from the licensee about their previous purchases.

I think it's unreal that all the information in this thread about EFX's schedule is, essentially, hearsay. As a consumer who registered an account (and email address) with EFX - and forked over the not trivial deposit for the TIE - is it really that much trouble for the licensee to provide quarterly updates via email? Not responding to direct customer emails is one of those "red flags" that begins to erode consumer confidence. Something to consider before laying down a deposit for any of those newer products.

I've got other products I've been waiting on for much longer, and for more money, from folks without licenses. But, I know where they are with their projects...because they communicate.

You guys are thinking too hard about this. eFX is always slow to get the products to market and that is usually why they turn out so nicely! Quality is a big deal at eFX, just relax and when you do finally get to see the finished product, it should be practically flawless!!! :)

Dave

I wish I had your confidence, vaderdarth. I've sent them at least 5 emails over the last 6 months and I've NEVER gotten a response from them about anything. To me that says a LOT about a company and how they feel about customer service. Why even have an email address for customers if they're not going to respond to them?!

I don't know if you're familiar with Gentle Giant Ltd. or not but, they were the same way. They never responded to emails in the past and now they're struggling to get by. They ticked off so many collectors, for a variety of reasons but, a lack of communication was a big one along with product delay after delay after delay, and many of the fans have sold off their collections and/or stopped buying any of their products as a result. I hope eFX doesn't become the next Gentle Giant Ltd!

The Tie was supposed to be out the beginning of this year and now we're in Q3 nearing Q4 with no end in site for the delay. This sucks!

Bryan Ono of eFX had a Q&A on rebelscum this past Thursday (Threads.Rebelscum.com: Q & A with eFX Thursday 8/11/11).

This is what he had to say about a few of the upcoming items

" 2. What are the delivery estimates on the TIE, Vader helmet, Luke Helmet, Luke Reveal?

TIE Fighter: The TIE Fighter that we just displayed at Comic Con is very different from the model that we showed at Comic Con and Celebration V last year. That model was made completely in resin. However, after attempting to produce a small quantity, we realized that it was very difficult to mold some of the more complicated pieces consistently that met our requirements. . . (like the Cool Shade on the wings) So we invested more than $85K on injection tooling to produce these components. This is the model that we showed at Comic Con a couple weeks ago. Those who saw it know how good this model looked! So, the model is now at Lucasfilm for final approval. After we get their comments and combine them with ours, we will go over it with our vendor in Asia to address any issues. We will then determine the schedule for the revisions and then we will then be ready to start production.

Luke Reveal: Unfortunately, the vendor made a mistake on the lead time to machine all of those parts, especially with the tolerance that would be required for the moving parts. (As you know, up this point, only static hilts were made) So we are hoping to start shipping the lightsabers from Asia the beginning of September.

Luke ESB X-wing Helmet: As many of you know, our vendor is having a lot of trouble with the visor. He could not vacuum form them to the quality that we require, so, we invested in an injection mold. Because he works with primarily with fiberglass and resin, he is not that familiar with the injection mold process. So, when they made the tool, they did not take into account the shrinkage of the material, so the visor came out too small. And to our surprise, this has happened 3 times! Our new tool is expected to be done this weekend. Stay tuned!"

Thanks for the update! Those manufacturing/sourcing problems seem to be a big headache right now.

It'd be nice if you didn't have to copy and paste info from another forum to get updates. It's a bit of an obscure way of communicating with the whole of us who bought into it.

Maybe it would be nice to send it in a form of a newsletter to everyone on the list or everyone who pre-ordered one of those products:rolleyes

Thanks for the update! Those manufacturing/sourcing problems seem to be a big headache right now.

It'd be nice if you didn't have to copy and paste info from another forum to get updates. It's a bit of an obscure way of communicating with the whole of us who bought into it.

Not to defend EFX's lack of communication with customers but MR and now EFX have very very strong ties to Rebelscum and the community there. This was part of a Q&A over there and is also a very generous offer from EFX to give away prizes to Scummers who take part. I cant think of any company that does this like MR and EFX did/do.

Its not an update to the people on the wait lists but am sure that will follow. Love em or hate em they are a very generous company that probably doesn't make a lot of money.

They also confirmed that work on Slave 1 will continue now the model is back in the archives and it can be scanned. Very very interesting.

Well the eFX x-wing took a long time as well... perhaps not quite as long as the TIE seems to be... and I really like the Xwing. if the TIE is as good (or better having learned form the xwing to double check a few thngs) it should be aweosme.

That being said direct communication with those that ahve ordered items and placed a downpayment should be normal course of business. relying on rebelscum to get the word out is a bit lame IMHO (nothing against them). they have my email from the order - USE IT...

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back