eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

I believe the edition size was solely determined by presales, and advertised "not to exceed 1000 pieces"... so that didn't change. As Fett_ish said there are always going to be extras made for warranty replacements. With Master Replicas there were eBay sellers who dealt solely in reselling damaged returns. I actually miss that as you could almost count on getting a "fixer upper" a lot cheaper.

This is a problem many US businesses have. If the product isn't made in China, then labor cost may be higher therefore resulting in the item being more expensive. The more expensive the item, the fewer will be sold (in theory).

It's us as the consumer majority are not looking to pay for something that would be triple if it was made in the USA. Look at fender they have a base model around $500 while a USA built model of $1500. I am willing to bet a majority nor willing to pay that kind of money. The ties would run about $3000 give or take

It may not be in their licenseing agreement - but I bet they could build it in the US as a kit :) wink wink...

But - that being said - I have a bunch of MR stuff and eFX stuff... I love all of them... problems and all.

Jedi Dade

Just received an email from eFX regarding my CC info for the remaining payments... and the shipment to arrive in the US on 11/18... stated was that shipping would start 11/22/2012... Just sayin' :D:thumbsup

Jedi Dade

Hi everybody!

A friend of mine sent me last week some pics of one of the first Efx TIE FIGHTER with packaging test
here are the pics !
th_TIE_ion_engines.jpg

th_TIETOP.jpg

th_TIEGOOD.jpg

th_TIEREARUPPERLEFT.jpg

th_TIEDETAILLEFT.jpg

th_TIECOCKPIT.jpg

Just got this email from CozmicToyz!

"The eFX Star Wars TIE Fighter that you pre-ordered from us will be shipping this coming Monday. As a result we will begin charging credit cards within the next 24 hours. Please take this last opportunity to ensure that the billing and shipping information you originally provided us is correct and if any adjustments need to be made. Tracking information will be updated Monday evening.

Thank you again for your purchase and Happy Holidays!"

Awesome!!!!!!!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back