eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

it is getting to be too long... some updates are in order even to say that the factory burned down and rhey had to start over - or something... progrss pics, prototypes and ther flaws corrected - something similar to wht Round 2 is doing with their 1701 club... updates every couple of months so we know that "something" is happening.

Jedi Dade

I totally agree, but seems eFx is not interested in letting us know the progress of this piece. :sleep This is my most expected licensed piece for 2012, but the lack of info regarding it is disappointing...

seems like the PCR ANH Stormie helm and the ANH luke x-wing that came out end of 2011 came out of the blue. Am I looking at the wrong place for updates? Their web site... my email... I would have liked some sort of warning!

If the TIE will come out of the blue as well, many will get upset. I'm glad I saved the money for this for a long time already, but not everyone did. So it is understandable if they will not be happy.

I totally agree, but seems eFx is not interested in letting us know the progress of this piece. :sleep This is my most expected licensed piece for 2012, but the lack of info regarding it is disappointing...

Ditto. I paid this in full back in October 2010 with my local vendor, so you can imagine how annoyed I am about the delay/lack of updates.

I've also got the Vader helmet on order but my main focus is the Tie. The fear I'm having is Master Replicas X-Wing all over again :(

Message regarding the eFX TIE Fighter from Bryan at Rebelscum:

I received the latest sample of the TIE Fighter today and will take some pictures in the next couple days! From what I see so far, it looks pretty good! Then I will be sending it to Steve Neisen for his review of the latest sample!

This is typical of Chinese factories. . . they like to finish "unfinished" business before Chinese New Years!

Thanks!

Bryan

Davy,

I will not be remaking my hull as there is only minute size difference. The laser scan shows the ball to be approximately 1mm to 2mm larger than 5". information has been recieved that ILM used a 5 " ball and plated it either with 040 or 060 stryene cladding as they did most of the acrylic work they did. If someone wants to strip one of my castings of detail and plate it with 040 sheet I will be more thanhappy to provide the detail parts for them!

Julien,

Thanks for the pics... saved and will talk with Bryan once they get done at Comic Con!

Steve

I know these questions don't pertain to the original topic (eFx TIE) but I've found this thread to be very helpful in the pursuit of building a scratch SS TIE. I hope you all don't mind.

So Steve, styrene vac'ed over Plastruct ball then scribed, right? I was about to order the 5 1/4" based on Juliens builds but remembered I had read this. I just thought I would ask before I attack that area. If this is the process ILM used, I think I'll try try it.

And Gene, any chance I could buy a bit of that paint or get the recipe? Your research on that was amazing! I'd try the same but without access to an original part, I'd just be guessing. I know, I could try to wing it but, again, I figured I'd ask first.

Joe

........And Gene, any chance I could buy a bit of that paint or get the recipe? Your research on that was amazing! I'd try the same but without access to an original part, I'd just be guessing. I know, I could try to wing it but, again, I figured I'd ask first......

Ha! I haven't even painted mine! Yep, got the paint matched for EFX, but haven't even painted mine...... I don't know if it's still good. Guess I need to dig it out....

Gene

PS - I'm getting busy at work - so, please, don't PM me. If I can figure out a rational delivery system, I'll see about sending out swatches. Seriously. I don't feel the need to take the secret formula to the grave.

A swatch of that would be a GODSEND! Only reason I haven't painted mine is because I can't decide on the damn paint. Got Haze Grey but an actual swatch. Now I'd pay for that. Then I can add Jasons magnificent decals.

Ha! I haven't even painted mine! Yep, got the paint matched for EFX, but haven't even painted mine...... I don't know if it's still good. Guess I need to dig it out....

Gene

PS - I'm getting busy at work - so, please, don't PM me. If I can figure out a rational delivery system, I'll see about sending out swatches. Seriously. I don't feel the need to take the secret formula to the grave.

That's an even better idea! :)

Joe

No word from Wondercon? Gino can extoll the virtues of the Maul saber at length, but we can't even get something as simple as a "Hi guys, hoping for release date of XXXXX"?

Come on guys....

I had to cancel my order for this. I had the money saved, but the time its taken, along with other things coming out made me prioritize this. I expected a long wait for this, but other more exciting things have come up. I'm sure it will turn out great though.

I still have the money saved for this baby and indeed the wait is loooong. I don't have so much problems with the waiting (when wanting a cool collectible waiting is always involved, thus patience is needed), as I do with lack of communication regarding the status of this item.

I still have the money saved for this baby and indeed the wait is loooong. I don't have so much problems with the waiting (when wanting a cool collectible waiting is always involved, thus patience is needed), as I do with lack of communication regarding the status of this item.

You and me both.

I've paid the deposit and have just been waiting.

Hope it'll not be long now.

Tell me about it. You should take a look at these threads on RS:

efx Customer Service

Hey Bryan.. time for a question and answer for EFX stuff??

RebelScum is HEAVILY censored. Careful what you post or you will get banned.:behave
Almost every post critical of eFx gets deleted or locked. I'm not talking about flaming or profanity, but "eFx needs to improve their customer service" will not survive.

I speculated it was because of RS getting advertising $ from eFx and got banned. Must have struck a nerve.
What is the point of a forum if the truth is censored?

I would love to see a TIE status update from Bryan/eFx.

I got my deposit back from my AD and I am done with eFX pre-orders.@h3pilot yes Rebelscum is heavily censored,if your not a eFX butt kisser stay away from the prop section on Rebelscum.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back