eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

I agree. Communication is the key

Absolutely. Lack of communication is what killed Gentle Giant Ltd's popularity despite them making quality products (for the most part). Hopefully eFX will pick up on the communications and not let the same thing happen to them.

I wouldn't hold my breath for 2011. Weren't they originally supposed to ship LAST Christmas? Based on the deafening silence, I'd guess minimally end of the 1st quarter 2012.

What about that Vader? Last estimate I heard on that was that it would probably start shipping in August or early September of this year because there was so little work involved in producing them. But, again, oppressive silence.

Here is a thought.

Instead of some people giving justifications for the delay in the manufacturing of the product, and others complaining about the lack of communications, why don't all of you have placed a pre-order send the manufacturer a message about your displeasure. Do it within 24 hours to let them know you are serious.

It is amzing how a company will respond to a mass of complaints received in short time span.

For those of you who paid the deposit over a year ago, request a reduction in the final cost of the model. No doubt the manufacturer has made some interest from the money that was sent to their account. It doesn't matter if they have had to spend a supposedly ridiculous amount for re-tooling. They should have had a business model in place to account for delays and the like and you, the person who gave them the deposit to bring the project to fruition should not be penalised.

It is simple economics and business management. Without a plan to account for problems and contingincies, the buyer will be the one who wears the end cost.

Sorry for my diatribe but, I am tired of seeing this type of business model being used - pay now and get something sometime in the future. If a manufacturer cannot self finance a project but relies upon pre-payments to make the product there is in my opinion, a lack of a business a business model and due diligence. This is regardless as to how fantastic the end product may be.

Always buy after the product has been manufactured.

Here is a thought.

Instead of some people giving justifications for the delay in the manufacturing of the product, and others complaining about the lack of communications, why don't all of you have placed a pre-order send the manufacturer a message about your displeasure. Do it within 24 hours to let them know you are serious.

It is amzing how a company will respond to a mass of complaints received in short time span.

For those of you who paid the deposit over a year ago, request a reduction in the final cost of the model. No doubt the manufacturer has made some interest from the money that was sent to their account. It doesn't matter if they have had to spend a supposedly ridiculous amount for re-tooling. They should have had a business model in place to account for delays and the like and you, the person who gave them the deposit to bring the project to fruition should not be penalised.

It is simple economics and business management. Without a plan to account for problems and contingincies, the buyer will be the one who wears the end cost.

Sorry for my diatribe but, I am tired of seeing this type of business model being used - pay now and get something sometime in the future. If a manufacturer cannot self finance a project but relies upon pre-payments to make the product there is in my opinion, a lack of a business a business model and due diligence. This is regardless as to how fantastic the end product may be.

Manufacturer? You mean eFX? Many tried it and no answer from eFX. Or you are talking about the Chinese factory eFX works with? If this, then please let us know which is that factory...:rolleyes

I agree with some of your points there but sometimes if buying a product after being released/manufactured, you might end up with it not being available anymore. Not sure if there will be the case with this one, but you never know. I didn't pay a deposit on the TIE but my money is held untouched for it. Which is not good either.

Here is a thought.

If you don't pre-order it you won't get it. It's that simple.

Case in point, the eFX Legend Vader helmet pre-order sold out in five minutes. How are you going to order it from eFX later?

Of course you could wait and buy pieces on the secondary market for double the price or more.

Yes, eFX is slow at producing items, but most people ordering from them already know that. I have a Luke ESB Snowspeeder Helmet on order from eFX from 15 months ago and it is just starting to be released now.

I am also still waiting for the TIE Fighter and the Vader LE helmet but I still pre-ordered those. Why? Because I already knew that I would have to wait a long time before I pre-ordered and really there is no other choice if you want to get these things.

Do I complain about the this? No, because I knew the situation before I pre-ordered these items. I knew I would have to wait. And frankly, if waiting a little longer means a better and more accurate prop replica then I don't mind.

If people are worried about eFX screwing them then I personally don't think that will happen. They are slow, but they have been delivering items.

My only beef with eFX is that they should communicate more and give more updates on why a particular product is taking longer. I think that would go along way in allaying peoples anxieties over waiting so long.

Intelighentzia unora ma lasa rece :) The problem with eFX is the lack of communication not the quality of the product. And also maybe their way in handling the Vader Legend from the point of view of non-US customers. But that is another story.

Not trying to stir the pot, but has any representative from EFX posted on any forum since last September (2011)? Was the BSG Colonial Pilot Helmet before or after September? It's difficult to tell when updates occur on their website...

I saw a vendor list it as delivered in March now. EFX Bryan is a member here and should be able to give an update, but probably hasn't because it still isn't known.

it is getting to be too long... some updates are in order even to say that the factory burned down and rhey had to start over - or something... progrss pics, prototypes and ther flaws corrected - something similar to wht Round 2 is doing with their 1701 club... updates every couple of months so we know that "something" is happening.

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back