Goonies one eyed willie progress thread

jaakub

Well I decided to try my hand at making a one eyed willie from Goonies. I picked up a couple cheap skulls off ebay. I think they are called Bucky skulls. At $16 a pop well worth it. This is how far I have got. Filled in the holes from the jaw holder and clasps to keep on top of skull with bondo. Then filled in his eye socket with Aves epoxy sculpt and reshaped the teeth with a dremel and formed them with some more Aves epoxy. Then sanded the bondo and applied a coat of krylon primer. That is where I am at now until I go pick up the paint for the color of the skull. Let me know what you think.
Also have to figure out how I want to attach the jaw. Was thinking screws but I might try something else.
Jim

Last edited:
Hey,
:lol I'm going to be keeping this one. I do have any extra skull I can make you one if you want to trade for a couple paper props? shoot me a pm. Glad you like it, I wasn't sure on the Aves Epoxy sculpt but it worked really well for filling in the eye and is solid as a rock.
Jim

Thanks for all the comments. I hopefully will be finished with this one by next week. I have had a couple inquiries to making some for others. This is just a build thread and if I decide to make some I will post details in the junkyard. Thanks again for the comments much appreciated.
Jim

Ahh, Goonies.

My kids are finally old enough to sit through the movie and now it's the only one they want to watch. :)

There should be a "Like" button around here...

:thumbsup

Hot glue gun worked great for me and doesn't ruin the skull.The jaw still hasn't fallen off it yet and it's been like 3 months you should try it.

Also have to figure out how I want to attach the jaw. Was thinking screws but I might try something else.
Jim

Very, very cool! Incidentally- does anyone know if that's a cigar in his mouth when you first see him in the movie? It looks to be gone in later scenes.

well, thought I would update my progress while I have time. Before I left for comic con I was able to put down the base coat and highlight coat. I will post pictures that I took later this weekend. I really liked how it turned out. I used a combination of pebble and boot brown(yea that is the color they had:lol) and it really turned out nice. I sprayed a little black primer in the eye and nose sockets to darken it well. It came out lighter then pitbull's but I figure with the right lighting it will look darker. Plus I really like the lighter bone color for it. Hope you like it when I get pics up.
Jim

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back