INCEPTION (Top, bishop, loaded die, poker chip, pasiv)

I don't think the promo tops are THAT bad. Are they screen accurate? No, of course not. But I think they were decent for what they were supposed to be: a free item designed to promote the movie. Of course, I don't feel they're worth the price that some of them are commanding on eBay. Especially since I have a feeling something similar is going to be included in a "deluxe" DVD set or something, whenever it comes out.

Also of note, here is a video with a decent close-up of a PASIV unit on display:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anm3jdt6EGw

Last edited:
While there where some imperfections from the lathe, some of the heavier lines while spinning are from small pits that have a patina in them.

Can you provide us with some pictures? I would like to know what the arrangement of the pits are.

let me clarify. I want to know the area where the pits are located. I don't think it looked like the whole thing was polka dotted. That's what I'm avoiding. There appeared to be a concentration of them.

Cool movie related site that have the "instruction manual" for the PASIV device.
PASIV Device Instruction Manual MV-235A

Looks like there are several Inception props at San Diego this year.

4817000785_2e69484611_o.jpg

Also here-

Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props: Inception movie costumes worn by Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard on display... Original film costumes and props on display

Nick

Last edited:
Re: INCEPTION (Top, bishop, loaded die, pasiv)

Just saw the film... an intricate and beautifully crafted masterpiece of one of the most enthralling and original premises in recent cinema (with all that lame talk out of the way.... HOLY ****!)

Agreed.

I am blown away, to be honest. But, really, I shouldn't expect anything less from the Nolans... anyway, I'd love one of the tops.

EDIT: It is a blockbuster 'bout the human condition... which, when you think about it, is almost a ****ing oxymoron.

And, yes, there are SPOILERS in my post!

Anyone notice that all the male characters wore striped shirts? Which got me thinking that they were all prisoners, stuck in limbo... and Ellen Page was wearing Kim Novak's grey suit from [one my favourite films] Vertigo. Since there's no thread 'bout the costumes, I thought I'd post some of my observations here.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back