INCEPTION (Top, bishop, loaded die, poker chip, pasiv)

benhs1898

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all, hope you enjoyed your sleep, or was it that you were in a theater?

Anyway, time to combine these discussions and start looking, planning, and creating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: INCEPTION (Top, bishop, loaded die, pasiv)

Well, the PASIV's housing is a Zero Halliburton Premier attache case.
Those run about $650, so I don't think I'll be able to do one any time soon. :lol

I can tell you that the tops where hand lathed steel, and then hammered and slightly patina'd. Later we made CNCed versions that where cast and crew gifts, they all spun very well.

Nexnox, tell us things! :)

Pictures stolen from online, of stuff on display at the Arclight, in L.A.

-Mike

Just saw the film... an intricate and beautifully crafted masterpiece of one of the most enthralling and original premises in recent cinema (with all that lame talk out of the way.... HOLY ****!)

i'd love to buy 2 to 4 tops if anyone sells for decent price. Not into paying $50+ for the movie promo tops on ebay.

yeah, but based on the fact that these were GIVEAWAYS, then $50+ seems steep to me, especially when others will likely be making these for what I am guessing is half the price.

Of course, if you are into having one with INCEPTION engraved on it, then I imagine it might be worth $50.

Totally want a top form this fabulous flick!

I loved the grooves from the rough hand lathing.

i want all 3!! are they giving them out at comic con this year?

I rewatched the movie today and paid close attention to the top, I missed it the first time it was shown but watching it very closely there isn't really a design on it but rather a dark imperfection in the lathe process... it looks like a dark line that goes around the top section of the top... the top of the top... weird.

I did notice that the prop top (or prtop) is often replaced with a CG top at times when it needs to spin for prolonged periods of time, but when a geuine prop is used it seemed that the top wasn't perfectly symmetrical there was bit of unevenness between the top point and the bottom... Might've been my eyes.

I was focusing so much on the top I barely could focus on the awesomeness of the movie... just kidding, the movie has so much awesomeness that you can't possibly not be given a handful tossed at you at any given time!

yes westcroft, that ring is definitely there, around the top section near the edge.

While there where some imperfections from the lathe, some of the heavier lines while spinning are from small pits that have a patina in them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back