INCEPTION (Top, bishop, loaded die, poker chip, pasiv)

Re: INCEPTION (Top, bishop, loaded die, pasiv)

New member here...informed about this site after a member saw these "Inception" tops I made... I am also new to the world of movie prop replication...I fell into it after seeing the latest Christopher Nolan movie...I liked it (not as much as 'Memento' or 'The Prestige') but I really liked the Top totem...and I wanted one.

I am currently learning to be a machinist...I did the CAD design for my top from memory and a couple of googled images so it is definitely not a precise replica but it's close and it does spin like a dream.

Ok, I've just found this thread.

Here's a video showing my totem top spinning.

Youtube video

And here's the CG chess totem I created based on my memory.

003.jpg

Glad the props are flooding in. Fan-made all the way!

Tim, I can't get over your avatar! Have you seen the razor glasses I helped fotokid make?

I took that shot with an angle, like when Ellen Page is about to flip it. This is what it looks like in horizontal view, see Sith Sheriff Brody's pictures on post #6, I think it's pretty close.

bishop%20001.jpg

If I'm satisfied enough with it, I'll start making it in a couple days, that way I can combine shipping on my top. (No guarantee though, I may not have time before this weekend.)

I've asked for original photographer for a more clear picture on the bishop, and tweaked my design a bit. My bishop CG picture is taken at different angle/zoom factor.

Kevin

chess%20compare.jpg

^ A few observations on the central model. The "hat" looks like it should be a bit smaller in diameter and the flange below the "head" should be a bit thinner.

In my humble opinion, I also think the base needs to be made just a bit wider at the bottom; I'm basing this on the appearance/proportion of the head to the base...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back