TPM VD Yoda Lightsaber Prop

Wow! Epic!

You guys should do the left hand version first though. This IS the RPF and people here will hold out for accuracy.

Yeah when I first read left was coming second, I was thinking you would have less an interest until that second wave. I have a Bolsey conversion, and it bugs the crap out of me that it's mirrored.

However, it's great you're doing a lefty, and looking forward to it!

----

Just watched the vid. Holy crap that's cool.

Last edited:
OK, fans.

We've listened to your concerns and we have looked at our CAD drawings. The shift to the left hand is actually pretty easy with added benefits. The activation/AUX switches will be placed at a better location to make a bit more room for the full size boards such as CF V6.5 and V7. The wiring on the current prototype is very tricky due the amount of space left. After moving the switches to the other side, the space opens up a little bit around the board slot.

We're going to modify the design to be the LEFT HANDED(Praco). We will change the CAD drawings in the next a couple of days(will post new drawings). After that the drawings will go to the factory to prep for production.

So if you're seriously interested in getting this saber, please PM me for ordering details. We would like to gauge the interests on this board so we know how many sets we need to order.

Thank you all so much for the support.

Updated with new CAD drawings. Left hand version(Praco) in comparison with Right hand version(Bolsey).

L-09.jpgL-06.jpgL-04.jpgL-03.jpg

Yeah when I first read left was coming second, I was thinking you would have less an interest until that second wave. I have a Bolsey conversion, and it bugs the crap out of me that it's mirrored.

However, it's great you're doing a lefty, and looking forward to it!

----

Just watched the vid. Holy crap that's cool.

Last edited:
has anyone sourced parts for this build lately? im finding it difficult to find a seller of PEM self clinching nuts (CLA-440-2) who sell less than 1000 at a time. i put a post in WTB section for a Lamborghini wheel but i guess ill try here too. does anyone have a source for these parts or be willing to sell them?

cheers

yeah the guy I got my PEM nut off of got himself banned.... But if you break and buy a 1000, I'm in for another 2! heh.

PEM was nice enough to send me 8 PEM CLA-440-2, the correct self clinching nuts, free of charge. Ill be giving away 6 of them, check the junkyard free section and shoot me a PM if you would like one for your Yoda saber.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, you have to be a premium member to post in the JK, just PM if you want one.

Received my kit recently, I love it !

a few pics and a review video. Pommel and activation box rubber need a bit of polishing (advice for the rubber ?) but aside of that... yummie cutie thing !
Installed with 2 x CR2 li-ion, 4 ohm speaker and Crystal Focus v7.5 + Tri rebel GGW + Flash on Clash

FrogApprentice_01.JPG

FrogApprentice_02.JPG

FrogApprentice_03.JPG

FrogApprentice_04.JPG

FrogApprentice_05.JPG

FrogApprentice_06.JPG

VIDEO

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice build Erv .... it looks supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ... I so wish I could afford this now ... but with 21% VAT customs over costs and shipping ... anything over $100 becomes almost impossible to acquire for a reasonable amount :wacko Let alone my two left hands, no pun intended, when it comes to electric wiring and such. I saw the pictures on fb and love every part including the packaging guys ... well done!

Chaim

well, we pay VAT on everything we purchase, here in France too. Would it be import (ok, addition filing fees but not much) or regular purchase, we do have now 20% :-/

Wow. This 12 page post just got me interested in lightsaber props. Now I really want to build myself a praco yoda lightsaber. Just wondering where the best place it apart from ebay?

Wow. This 12 page post just got me interested in lightsaber props. Now I really want to build myself a praco yoda lightsaber. Just wondering where the best place it apart from ebay?

Estate sales, antique shops. They can be seen on smaller cameras like Brownie size.

The easiest thing is to find a Bolsey and a Service/Praco economy flash. The Bolsey is nearly identical to a Praco, just a cheaper metal tube and the black band is backwards (holes are on opposite sides). The other Service/Praco flashes have a nearly identical endcap to a Praco and can thread into a Bolsey.
22908409_1_l.jpg + Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 4.33.36 PM.png

Replace the Bolsey endcap with the other one and you get a pretty darned good copy of a Praco
pracofm.jpg

I personally bought a Flash made by Life Magazine, that was identical to a Praco, without any labels and the Bolsey backwards holes on the black band.

Attachments

• il_570xN.515007084_dkwx.jpg
    il_570xN.515007084_dkwx.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 89
I'd love a Praco but seems impossible to get one. I like the idea of having a Bolsey + Service so its more than like what I'll end up building

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back