TRON Flynn's Lamp

Wakeem

Sr Member
I need some help finding out the brand of Flynn's lamp in the opening scenes of TRON. I searched and it seems like no one's discussed it yet. I haven't been able to find anything on the Internet either. I've been trying to find this lamp off and on for a long time but since I'm a member now I thought I would ask. Here are some screencaps from the anniversary DVD. The lamp is to the right of Flynn in the first pic and the left in the second. I hope this in the correct section. I have my fingers crossed that some company is still making the design...Appreciate the help!

Since I am a HUGE Tron fan and I love leaded glas lamps, I too would like to know. It seams it is a similar shade to these lamps but with a different base:

l029.jpg

24480t.jpg

catphoto.jpg

There were 2 manufacturers of leaded and overlay shades, Louis Comfort Tiffany and HJ Peters Company. Seems that Peters & Company is a better match.

Last edited:
Just bumping to see if anyone else has any idea about the brand of this lamp. Maybe I should have put this in the "Screen Used" section...

I have a friend in CA who has a lot of very rare images from his Tron archive. However, he's very stubborn when it comes to sharing stuff. He was going to send me a bunch of CDs with all these awesome production images and rare videos and interviews from '82 but he ended up decided against it.

Anyways, about a year ago while browsing through his collection of production images (when they were briefly online), there were a lot of really awesome pics of Flynn's room, including some ref pics of the lamp, IIRC. If you want, I can try to contact him and see if I can get some images.

Good thing I bumped the thread!

I have a friend in CA who has a lot of very rare images from his Tron archive. However, he's very stubborn when it comes to sharing stuff. He was going to send me a bunch of CDs with all these awesome production images and rare videos and interviews from '82 but he ended up decided against it.

Anyways, about a year ago while browsing through his collection of production images (when they were briefly online), there were a lot of really awesome pics of Flynn's room, including some ref pics of the lamp, IIRC. If you want, I can try to contact him and see if I can get some images.

Please ask. Maybe he changed his mind. If just for Flynn's room and the lamp.

I think I've found an ebay listing for a lamp with the same base (completely different shade, though). What do you think?

lampbase.jpg

That lamp figure looks exact. The base seems a bit different near the bottom however. Actually looking at the HD cap and the lamp does look exact. Maybe my screencap's ratio is messed up. What's the auction url? I won't bid since you found it first. I just want the details so I can find another.

Don't know if they will help, but here's some screencaps from the HDnet broadcast:

Thanks for the HD caps. It helps.

Good thing I bumped the thread!
What's the auction url? I won't bid since you found it first. I just want the details so I can find another.

PM sent ;)

It's a nice looking lamp. But finding the shade might prove more difficult - there are a lot of art-deco designs that look similar.

Is there a brand anywhere on the lamp shade?

I didn't give up looking but I'm swamped with stuff. Trying to clear everything up by the end of the 1st quarter. It's cool that you found the shade.

That Chinese seller seems to believe that the whole lamp is from Tiffany. But I bet they are just trying to make a sell seeing that they are selling a reproduction.

I have a line on an accurate vintage base for this. YAY!

The only markings inside are on every flat edge, it's marked ARTCRAFT

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back