Studio scale Snow Speeder?

Dedalus5550

Sr Member
Okay, this might be a bit misleading. The pics I've seen of the SS SS are quite large, but I'm thinking in-scale with the SS X-wing. It's always subjective and argumentative when talking about the scale of the models used in filming, but the SS X-wing is oft-purported to be about 1/24th, and the MPC/AMT/Ertl SS is commonly thought to be about 1/22nd. Couldn't the two be used together in a diorama? I'm thinking of a small section of the Hoth hangar with one SS X-wing and two of the Speeders. I've never heard about this possible comparison of scales so I thought I'd ask. Possibly it isn't talked about since most build the SS in flight, but the recent availability of the landing gear may change that. I have that set. There's also of course the size issue, huh? The thing is, since most of my background is modern jets, I'm just used to doing my kits on the ground. In fact, I'm building a MF right now and it may be the first or second time I've ever built a kit in flight.
Mike Todd

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back