Mid Century Spaceman Costume (Planning Stages)...

Those look great! If only we had the physique like that and what we had once upon a time when when we were younger men. :lol

Actually, it was a bottle of Laphroaig Scotch that we had toasted to our departed WWII fathers for Memorial Day.

I must add that I'm very proud of the wives of this crew that volunteered to put my vision of this custume together!

Last edited:
The plan is to use common black combat boots with the legs bloused. It would have been something used in an old sci-fi movie.

Apologies for the thread necromancy... I stumbled across this thread during a google search about costumes such as what is being discussed here, and I was wondering what was used to make the above belt?

Thanks,
Mark

Apologies for the thread necromancy... I stumbled across this thread during a google search about costumes such as what is being discussed here, and I was wondering what was used to make the above belt?

Thanks,
Mark

The belt was made out of an EVA foam shop mat I had found at Sears. At first I had no idea how to do this, so I have to give a nod of credit to all the foam armor builders on this forum for the inspiration.

This is such a great costume. Really amazing work. Also apologies for thread necromancy, but something this cool should be applauded.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back