Sam from Trick R Treat

shadowbat69

My son wants to do this for this year, and I totally ig the little guy, so I said sure. Budget is very limited this year for costumes so we're doing the best with what we can get.

I was able to grab the deluxe licensed mask w/sack off ebay for 20 bucks shipped. Now, for those who dont know what the licensed sack looks like, it is a very dark brown. Almost black. White seams, buttons in the wrong spot, and a white cord! With a little know how though, it can look decent. Same goes for the actual Sam mask. This is what I was able to do with it:
BEFORE:
PICT0004-1.jpg

AFTER:
PICT0011-2.jpg

PICT0014-1.jpg

Today I finished up the sucker prop.
PICT0001-1.jpg

Need to do the gloves next, then have the footed pajamas sewn up.

-eric

you need some big twine Zig Zag stitching on the sack to make a smile like look

but that mask is really cool
i didnt know they made Sam Masks

my Girlfriend wants to do Lori in her little red riding hood costume

Very cool, I have everything I need to make this costume for my own son, just have to get cracking on it since it needs to be done in 6 weeks!!

Plus I passed on the offical mask and decided I will make the burlap mask myself.

Can't wait to see how your son's costume turns out! :)

you need some big twine Zig Zag stitching on the sack to make a smile like look

but that mask is really cool
i didnt know they made Sam Masks

my Girlfriend wants to do Lori in her little red riding hood costume

I may even do a more prminent stitch up the center as well.

yeah, there are actually 2 different licensed Sam masks, this one and one that is without the sack. I think that one is even less accurate.

Good start man, I started making one back in October of 2009. I went to a lot of thrift stores looking for the footie costumes with the same material but had no luck, also I had no idea how to even go about making the hands, so it never got finished. I'll figure something out though.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back