QMX Enterprise?

Hm. I don't know. Here is the Playmates Enterprise. Do you see screws, switches and battery doors on QMx's?

I guess not!

P2030003.jpg

Whoa whoa... with it being 4k and all im surprised they let you flip it over like that :)

I'm teasing of course, this E aint my cup of tea, but hope it makes someone happy out there :)

It looks kinda small for the hefty price tag......the paint work and lighting would be fairly easy to replicate on a model kit......if only they'd release a 34 inch kit....

Rich

Whoa whoa... with it being 4k and all im surprised they let you flip it over like that :)

I'm teasing of course, this E aint my cup of tea, but hope it makes someone happy out there :)

You're kidding, right?: That's the Playmates one you're seeing upside down, replete with screws and secret compartments.

Last edited:
Maybe 4,000 was just something they said for the contest so it would be more tempting to enter? Or maybe they figured that unique one was worth 4,000. I would really hope its not....

This is annoying, isn't it? QMX is famous for advertising a product YEARS (I mean years) before something is due out, and then-- nothing. No updates, not commentary, no answers to emails, Facebook questions, NOTHING. I'm quite sick of this becoming a norm at companies. ANOVOS having the BSG license-- shows their Viper Flight suit replica at Comic Con '10, then says, "sorry, won't be out 'til end of 2011." WHAT!?! Then why the HELL are you showing me now?! Weird business practices... I don't understand why they don't just release a press announcement that says, "coming in 3 months--!!" Like, where is my QMX Viper!? I'm turning blue from holding my breath! I'll stick with the FM Models one, obviously!!

I agree, not impressed. Promises of wonderful amazing props and models are empty. I understand a company wants to make it good, but this is a bit disappointing! Plus, after all that, to see that god ugly base makes it look like a bad toy. Maybe they should keep to posters and maquettes. Seems that's all they can get done.

I look at this way, S##T or get off the POT, dont makes offers you cant keep or do. By the time alot of them are out, I have lost interest all togeather.
Reminds me of the last 3 companys that tried this stuff, and my the RIP.

My Flying Mule is shipping Monday, March 21st
Mule-1.jpg

My Mal Pistol and Holster are on display
P1190476.jpg

My sons are wearing their Jayne Leather Wrist Straps
Jayne_Wrist_Strap_1.jpg

My Serenity Cutaway Posters are on the wall
P9120129.jpg

Tons of posters, blueprints, maps and art are in my archives
P9110117.jpg

And oh yeah, my Serenity BDR is in my family room
P9110116.jpg

Just a few things QMx is producing and delivering.

HUh?!?!?

Those have been out for YEARS.

They've blown the timing on the Abramsprise. Nobody (few) really liked it and now no one (few) cares. And $4K. Um.....no.

Does the 5K come with Vaseline?!?!?!?

they didnt even design the damn model and they are charging that much :confused

Hey man, if John from the FX company figured out how to make the same model and sell it for double what he used to (licensed through Andy, of course), more power to him. But yeah, it's just a build service with things any modeler like you or I can source. ... and have sourced.

I should start charging more!
:lol

I have seen some things in this hobby but that is just pure robbery. Charging that much for something they have NO research and development in.

I noticed on the display model they didnt rectify some of the inaccuracies and for that kind of scratch they need to address those issues

What do you expect for off the shelf parts researched and developed by the fan base, applied to a commercial styrene kit, for five thousand dollars?

Accuracy?

Are you not dazzled by the custom plaque that any one can make at a local "Things Remembered"?

Sure, I'd like it to be perfect, too. Tell you what, for Four thousand, eight hundred dollars, I can build you a dead nuts accurate Enterprise, will cook you STEAK dinner, and will mow your lawn one time. If you have no lawn, I will instead clean your bathroom with the finest chemicals money can buy (at Target). One time. BEFORE the steak dinner hits your colon. I cannot stress that last point enough.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back