QMX Enterprise?

The fact is the art department completely screwed up the design of the ship as to scale and design. That shuttle bay is unusable. What idiot puts crossbeams on a landing platform. Look at it! You dont have to be an art critic to see that the Art Director for 'Felicity' has no business on this project. The 'E' was a mess. BTW, I meant to say the Art Director not Art Department. Ryan Church's designs were wonderful before they were mangled by Chambliss and Abrams. The Brewery used for Engineering and the communications lab was atrocious, the scale of the ship changed from shot to shot, it was ungainly and awkward (because on the prepro drawings Chambliss mangled church's designs). Sorry, Ill take the hit for saying department instead of Art Director but Scott Chambliss needs to stick more reality grounded movies and stay the hell away from Trek.

What Wolvster said.

two different Enterprises. the first was the one that toured when the film was released. Not as elaborate in the lighting as this newer one

Uhhmmmmmmmmm, no.. :unsure

If, what was referred to on page 2 was the FACEBOOK RAFFLE
for the JJPrise then your linked post is a DIFFERENT JJPrise..

THAT one is dated from the beginning of last year
while the Facebook Raffle one started in DECEMBER ! :confused

Well I stand corrected then; my bad!!

Yesterday I signed up for a "pre-order/waiting list spot" and I got this message in reply:

You have been added to the U.S.S. Enterprise Waiting List.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to working with you on your artisan replica.

Have a great day,
Beth Nelson

Last edited:
And here is the lovely Beth Nelson with the Enterprise (also taken at DC). This give you a good idea of the size of the ship.

P9030028.jpg

It's disappointing that the bussard collectors don't seem to have any movement to them as do those from the TOS.

The bussard collectors have a very clever lighting effect that makes it look like the internal workings are spinning. I don't know how they did it but it looks great. Movement with no motor to make noise or spray oil on the lenses. I wish I would have shot a video.

What pic are you guys talking about? The model is supposed to be about 34" (1:350?). Mustang, what pic makes it look like a Playmates?

Granted, that photo of the QMX E model in front of Beth Nelson does look smaller than 34" but I think that's a photo-illusion. This thing is supposed to be at least the size of the MR if not a couple of inches longer.

I don't dislike the design, but for $4k it ought to be 68" and come with a fully modeled and lighted bridge interior!

I haven't seen any pictures of this until now. Not a fan of the design and that base is really fugly and cheap looking. I wouldn't pay the amount they are asking for that. :sick

What pic are you guys talking about? The model is supposed to be about 34" (1:350?). Mustang, what pic makes it look like a Playmates?

Granted, that photo of the QMX E model in front of Beth Nelson does look smaller than 34" but I think that's a photo-illusion. This thing is supposed to be at least the size of the MR if not a couple of inches longer.

I don't dislike the design, but for $4k it ought to be 68" and come with a fully modeled and lighted bridge interior!

Well it's not 1/350 scale. This thing was suppose to dwarf the original E and if I recall it was thousands of feet long (right, lol).

Well it's not 1/350 scale. This thing was suppose to dwarf the original E and if I recall it was thousands of feet long (right, lol).

That size issue is supposed to be very debatable. I don't think there's an official canon size to the thing, is there?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back