QMX Enterprise?

All I gotta say is $5000 will buy a pretty decent sports car or motorcycle. It could buy a real FN P90 or full auto Uzi 9mm. Or you could have a toy that sits in your living room and blinks.

We all have our priorities.

Yeah, but lets face it that logic can be applied across this whole hobby of collecting toys :) Im not sure this is the hobby of 'practical' people lol

Last edited:
I do not believe that Qmx is obilgated to refund the entire $5K or the shipping costs.

On their Customer Service/Returns page ...

As for refunding the shipping charges, Qmx goes on to state

While the out of pocket risk is much less with Qmx, you still could be out $1000 plus $100+ in shipping, if you return the Enterprise.

Actually, if the item is not "as represented" the buyer has 100% leverage—especially if using a good credit card company (Amex is among the best). Just be sure to inspect the purchase prior to paying your card.

So can anyone tell me... What kind if base r they using for the BOTH models? R they still planning the really awful base (IMHO) they originally showed?

For 5K the warranty should be exceptional, but even then, one never knows how long these companys are going to be around.

If I had that kind of money to throw around on collectibles, yeah I'd buy it.
It's all relative to your income, and I suppose a collectors desire.

Though I wonder if you would be better off with a private commission.

Actually, if the item is not "as represented" the buyer has 100% leverage—especially if using a good credit card company (Amex is among the best). Just be sure to inspect the purchase prior to paying your card.

In order to use the not "as represented" claim, I believe the buyer would have to show that theire is a significant discrepancy between what was advertised and what was received.

AmEx's standard "Return Protection" policy, if you tried to return an item and the merchant wont take it back, is capped at $300. Of course there are exceptions and limits do vary but ...

Even if the credit card company rules in the buyers favor, that does not nullify the purchase agreement. Qmx would still have the right to file a claim in small claims court.

Lets say I built you the same model for oh...1500? Many would still complain. But lets look at it again, realistically.

I would put in well over 100 hours. I don't know how they can do the same unless they have an assembly line in China. I know it says made in USA but that's what it says.

So lets say 100 hours for the hell of it. That's 15 dollars an hour and after taxes that's less than 10. Count off the paint and materials, lights and we knock off another 150 at the least.

So that's 850 for almost three weeks of work. That's about 250 a week. 56 a day. For skilled work and craftsmanship.

Now I live in LA. My mortgage is 2000 grand a month, Water and power 700 (every 2 months), I'll stop there because there's a lot more. Working for this kind of money to produce a beautiful high end model is what's unreasonable here. I don't know how Qmx does it to be frank and their price is a bargain if it's as good as they say.

As they say, "No Bucks no Buck Rogers." So get out the tools and build your own. That's what I do.

OK. I added my 2 cents.

Steve

The Enterprise refit is an icon to many of us and we have waited a long time for a really nice replica. I am happy that QMX is now offering one. I am well aware that the replica will not be perfect and that QMX is asking for a lot of money. But I still think it will be a great model and worth the money. And it has a good size for displaying it.

I have bought some of QMXs replicas. In my opinion, the quality of each and every model I have received totally justifies the price they are asking for. Does the fun you are having with the replica justifies the expense? IMHO, this is a question everybody need to answer individually.

My only concern is: Will the nacelles and the soucer drop over time? They are putting a lot of weight in those parts when installing the electronics.
Does anybody has any information, if QMX uses an internal armature or how they are planing to prevent those parts from dropping?

Another update from a series of questions I asked QMx on this project, please be advised I have paraphrased both my questions and the responses for the sake of clarity and brevity, the intended meaning is captured as best I could:

Q: Is it the Round2/Polar Lights Model built up?
A: Yes, though it's a resin re-cast of their model with some new parts/refinements to be more accurate.

Q: Is the pictured product a prototype or the final version?
A: It is a prototype, many refinements were not yet included.

Q: Is there going to be a metal framework to prevent drooping and add strength to the model?
A: No, but the re-cast resin hull will be durable.

Q: Are decals going to be used as in the prototype pictures?
A: Because this was a prototype the decals were more apparent than they will be on the final product. Some details will not be decals.

Q: Is the shown stand the final version?
A: Yes, for the most part. With the mirrored base and plaques.

Q: How can collecters count on an approximate 45-day build time when the QMx JJ-prise is still a myth?
A: QMx prides itself on producting the finest products and sometimes this causes frustration, but we refuse to release a product until we are certain it is the best it can be. Customers will hopefully see this when we do release it.

Q: Will we see some high-res pictures where we can see the end-product's quality for ourselves in order to help decide on making such a large purchase?
A: Hopefully the fan/customer community will take and post such pictures on their own or provide other feedback after receiving their own. (I read no on this.)

I tried to reflect some of the many criticisms that I and many others on the various boards I visit have made on this product. What they charge is what they charge, I didn't address this issue. I discussed the poor quality of the figures (and apparently wrong uniform) seen within the ship, the poor quality of the stand and it's bare rod and external power wire visible, the long-term durability concerns as regard a resin-only design (refer to Unobtainium debacle,) decals, inaccuracies (deftly answered,) questions about some interior inaccuracies and specifics on what's going to be a decal and what's going to be painted on were left unanswered for the time being.

Tib

Just spitballing, what happens to this recast resin kit, with fine, delicate engine suports, in warmer climes?
Do they make allowances and reinforce with anything, or just wait for the droop to show up?

lee

In order to use the not "as represented" claim, I believe the buyer would have to show that theire is a significant discrepancy between what was advertised and what was received.

AmEx's standard "Return Protection" policy, if you tried to return an item and the merchant wont take it back, is capped at $300. Of course there are exceptions and limits do vary but ...

Even if the credit card company rules in the buyers favor, that does not nullify the purchase agreement. Qmx would still have the right to file a claim in small claims court.

Speaking from the one experience I had with an American Express/PayPal purchase, the buyer has FULL protection for the FULL price of the purchase. Assuming the buyer has not paid the credit card.

Hopefully it wouldn't have to come to filing a claim. Legally the buyer should have no problem with a FULL refund directly from QMx (no matter what they claim or disclaim) if you are not happy with quality. The only sticky point might be the return shipping.

Speaking from the one experience I had with an American Express/PayPal purchase, the buyer has FULL protection for the FULL price of the purchase. Assuming the buyer has not paid the credit card.

Hopefully it wouldn't have to come to filing a claim. Legally the buyer should have no problem with a FULL refund directly from QMx (no matter what they claim or disclaim) if you are not happy with quality. The only sticky point might be the return shipping.

That return shipping should be picked up by the supplier, no quibbles, the buyer should never be out of pocket for ANY inferior quality in work.
Not saying it will be inferior, or have faults, but, the customer should never foot that kind of bill.

lee

Just spitballing, what happens to this recast resin kit, with fine, delicate engine suports, in warmer climes?
Do they make allowances and reinforce with anything, or just wait for the droop to show up?

lee

Lee, that's exactly the concern I proposed to them citing the Unobtainium droop. She didn't seem to be concerned as the topic of an armature was pretty much stonewalled as something they're not going to do. Bad resin was (other than fraud and non-delivery) the biggest problem with Unobtainium and is well documented here and elsewhere on the net.

I'm not sure why they are so certain as to the durability of their resin but it sounds like they're ok with us banking our 5k on it :)

Tib

Thing is, it wouldnt take any form of elaborate armature to support her, some plexi, hell even brass rod, just a simply form of assurance, its not going to go south on the buyer.
I wouldnt in any way shape or form rely on stanalone resin holding all that in even a moderate climate, the ol' resin ROTJ ATST, which had a LOT of beefy resin in the legs even sagged over a short time.
I hope they havent pinned it all on plain resin supports, that is going to ruin what im sure will be a very pretty model.

lee

EXACTLY like in Scanners!

Scanners.gif

My goodness this is certainly a train wreck waiting to happen. Resin with no support.....what a great idea!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back