Aragorn's Ring (Where to find acurrat version)

GMB1of12000

Hi every one.

I am looking for An accurat and high quality replica ring like the one worn by Aragorn in the Lord Of the Rings Trilogy. I was looking at the Noble Collectioin version as well as all the versions listed on Ebay: Aragorn's Ring items - Get great deals on Jewelry Watches, Collectibles items on eBay.com!

Does any one know who was the jeweler who made the one from the movies and what are your recommendations for the most acurrat and best quailty?

Thanks

Jasmine Watson, the jeweler who made Aragorn's ring (and all the rest of the jewelry except for Elrond's ring and the One Ring) for the films, has expressly stated that she won't make any replicas of LotR stuff she's made, unfortunately.

Noble Collection's version is of good accuracy and nice high quality, haven't come across any better ones out there (although if there are, I'm eager to know as well!)

Last edited:
I know a jeweler who worked on that show -- and was actually was Viggo's double, too -- so I'll ask for his opinion.

Got the Noble version. Wore it for a couple years and then had the stone fall out. Called Noble and they sent me new ring no question asked. I am so impressed with the ring and their service. Awesome stuff.

Got the Noble version. Wore it for a couple years and then had the stone fall out. Called Noble and they sent me new ring no question asked. I am so impressed with the ring and their service. Awesome stuff.

Now, if only Noble stuck to LotR jewelry instead of trying to make things like Sting and Glamdring :wacko

Jen Hensons makes them, they made the original, so don't expect it to be cheap, and I mean it's well over $3000 USD

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have been searching for a screen accurate Ring of Barahir for a few years now. Overall I have owned about (12) different versions of this ring, but have always wanted one exactly like the screen used one (see the last pic). I have found a couple that are close, but most are just knock-offs of the Noble Collection version (some of which are not very good). Here are some pics and descriptions of some of the more unique versions that I've owned:

Here is probably the most common R.O.B. from The Noble Collection. This one is pretty good overall and has a pretty good likeness to the screen used prop although it is more cleaned up and has more detail. The main problem that I have with it is that the stone is only glued in and will fall out over time. I owned two and the stone in the first one lasted for just over two years of daily wear and the second one lasted for about four years (which isn't too bad, but for $140.00 I would think that The NC would have found a better method to mount the stone).
BAR-6.jpg

This version comes from Singapore and can still be found on E-bay for around $140.00 It's actually pretty cool and comes in a very nice wooden box with a pewter Lord of the Rings logo. The ring itself is very good and has a lot of detail. Some of the issues: (1) It is sterling silver but has some type of antique finish which gets kind of dark over time. (2) The snake's tongue sticking out is cool but catches on everything. (3) They took the part about the golden flowers forming crowns a bit too literal and actually gave the snakes 3-pronged crowns. (4) again the stone appears to just be glued in.
Ring_boxes.jpg

Ring_of_Barahir.jpg

Here is one that I have never seen again since I sold it a few years ago. It is a Japanese version that I picked up on E-bay about six years ago. It is sort of close to the Screen used version except that seems more simplified and smoother. One plus for this one is that the stone was mounted from the inside and there was no fear ever loosing it. The downside was that the gold flowers were seperate pieces and would actually rattle around. That really bothered me and I eventually sold it. If this ring was one solid piece I would have definitely kept it.
Aragorn2.jpg

lrrg033-01.jpg

lrrg033-02.jpg

lrrg033-03.jpg

I have a few more versions that I can post pics of if there is any interest.

In the meantime I was wondering if anyone can identify this pic. For the life of me I can't remember where I found the pic but it might be the Holy Grail of Ring of Barahir replicas. It looks similar to the Japanese version but seems to be a bit more detailed like the pic of the screen used one.
BAR-041408A.jpg

atalantedecipher_ringofb.jpg

Last edited:
I'd appreciate seeing more photos of each version! I'm in the market for this ring right now, and I'm debating between the Noble and the other (mostly knockoff) versions...

*snip* The main problem that I have with it is that the stone is only glued in and will fall out over time. I owned two and the stone in the first one lasted for just over two years of daily wear and the second one lasted for about four years (which isn't too bad, but for $140.00 I would think that The NC would have found a better method to mount the stone).

My wife loves her jewelry, so we have cultivated a great relationship with a local jeweler. He is very professional and quite reasonable in his costs (due to our repeated custom). He has repaired and updated most of our rings that we have bought elsewhere.
If I could recommend you take your ring to a local jeweler and voice your concerns, they can probably come up with an acceptable preventive repair at a reasonable cost.
BTW: I want a Ring of Barahir so bad I can taste the Athelas!

I couldn't really find anything from any of the collections out there that look right. So I instead used the New Line Cinema photo from Sarumans book and had one made. Ended up with this.

lotrtwotowers-161.jpggallery-285.jpg

Last edited:
verrrrrry nice! May I ask what the costs to have it made were?

Ring cost $8190 CDN

18K Y/G Roses
19K W/G Shank
Synthetic Emeralds

I had natural Emeralds brought in but they were easily 10x the price of the cost of the ring with synthetic Emeralds. The Synthetic Emeralds seemed to have way more fire anyways.

Also I was going to have the leaves done in green gold but found in the modelling of the ring that the green took away from the emeralds.

I have been looking for a more book acurate ring. I haven't yet found one that meets my standards but kradsith you have the closest I've seen. These are a couple that I've found on the internet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back