PREDATORS Mr Black head sculpt

Yarko

Hi!

I'm posting some pics of my WIP Mr Black sculpt. For those who don't know, this is the new predator design from the movie Predators. I'm planning on making masks and busts of this character.

I hope you like it!

MrBlack86.jpg
MrBlack85.jpg

MrBlack81.jpg
MrBlack97.jpg

MrBlack84.jpg
MrBlack96.jpg

MrBlack100.jpg
MrBlack92.jpg

Funny i was just about to say the same.

Superb scuplt! Very clean....

...shame about the design.

keep it up, looking forward to the finished piece.

Lewis

I don't mind the squid look at all. Still a very intimidating alien. Will he have the standard Pred, dred's? Very cool design, keep up the great work:thumbsup

Hi!

Thanks for the comments. Everybody hates this design, but it has become one of my favourite predators.

I will make specific dreadlocks for this one so I can get the most accurate look possible.

Does look great although I do agree, not a great new Predator.

Kinda looks like a Gill Man (Creature from the Black Lagoon) Predator.

Are the Mandrels on the right (his left) longer than the other side.
Kinda looks like it but maybe it is an illusion.

Does look great although I do agree, not a great new Predator.

Kinda looks like a Gill Man (Creature from the Black Lagoon) Predator.

Are the Mandrels on the right (his left) longer than the other side.
Kinda looks like it but maybe it is an illusion.

They are not larger, they are just in a different position :)

Hi!

Thanks for the comments. Everybody hates this design, but it has become one of my favourite predators.

I will make specific dreadlocks for this one so I can get the most accurate look possible.

I like the design a lot and I love your sculpt! Great work!

This is finally finished! We will be making the mould tomorrow, along with the teeth and the facial hair. We will also be starting a sculpt of the bio! We will make it so the mask can be used with and without bio (attachment with hidden magnets, positionable mandibles, etc.). I hope you like it, a lot of effort has been put on this in order to make it as fantastic as possible!

P1010116.jpg
P1010115.jpg

P1010114.jpg
P1010112.jpg

P1010111.jpg
P1010110.jpg

P1010106.jpg
P1010105.jpg

P1010104.jpg
P1010103.jpg

P1010102.jpg
P1010101.jpg

P1010100-1.jpg
P1010099.jpg

CIMG1104.jpg
CIMG1097.jpg

My teacher/partner working on the final details:

CIMG1092.jpg

See ya!

Looks superb!

Are you a student at art college then? What course are you doing, and where are you baed?

Thanks!

I'm not at art college. It's just that I met a professional sculpter who took me as his apprentice, like in the old times before colleges even existed :lol . He didn't go to an art college either, this was all learnt through experimentation, research, and a hell of a lot of practice...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back