Custom Figures/Action Figures

wiccaryan

Hey everyone, just wondering if we had any custom action figure makers on the forum? I'm really interested in having some commissioned and was wondering about prices, what sort of characters people do etc

Depending on the intended scale, I could point you in a couple of directions.
I'm not talented enough to do it myself but I know of some sites that might be able to help.

Just remember, custom figures tend to be expensive.

hi i usually make my own kit bash 1.6 figures. but you should checkout sideshows forum for more info. a good place to start.

Depending on what scale you're looking for, I could probably suggest a few customizers I've seen on other forums. I sell customs from time to time, but I don't scratch-sculpt well enough for commissions.

I've never had an offer on any of mine so i take that as nobody thinking they're good enough, or its the fact I do odd subjects.

I've never had an offer on any of mine so i take that as nobody thinking they're good enough, or its the fact I do odd subjects.

Some people are shy about making an offer. No one seems to have the available spending cash they used to. This freaking economy is kicking a lot of peoples asses.

Do you mind saying what it is you are looking to get done first?

Personally, I'm about the same with some of the other people on here. I mainly do custom toys and figures for myself and then sell them off if I'm no longer interested in the character or have a bigger and better custom to do. I have done commissions before but the price greatly varied on what was desired. A repaint might cost something like $20 to maybe $50 depending on the complexity but a partial or full resculpt would be much higher that's both from what I've seen and some of the prices I've been paid.

Ryu

I"ve customized 6-inch figures from time-to-time. Mostly around Babylon 5 because there weren't many made. I start with existing figures to avoid doing everything from scratch.

Bob

I do some custom work in the 6 inch scale. Mostly Green Lantern stuff. Here's a sample of my work.
Green Lantern Perdoo
141799-150816-green-lantern-perdoo_large.gif

perdoofinished.jpg

Green Lantern villian Hector Hammond (comic version)
hectorfinished.jpg

I use super sculpty. Most of the articulation of the base figure is lost (if one was used)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back