ESB Electrobinoculars SHOWOFF thread!!!

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update 10.09.2012:
FINALLY!!!!

I built the very first set of Binocs based on one of my kits!
Pics and details in post #36 :)

Markus

Update:

I finally received the SIMRAD today and started taking it apart :)

SIMRAD-before.jpg

SIMRAD-after.jpg

My goal is to get the binocs as accurate as possible, but I´m still unsure about a few of the conversion parts...hope you prop detectives are up for a little investiogative work ;) !?
Judging by the pics already posted in this thread, there are at least TWO different versions of the Hoth binocs. Differences are the paintjob (clean vs. heavily weathered), the frontal lense cover, and the vacuum tube detailing.

While I already have an accurate Vaccum tube coming my way and the needed V8 parts, I´m still looking for:

- the covers for the eye-sections
- the -two- covers for the large frontal lense
- the grey part on top of the SIMRAD´s body
- the viewer hood and the
- "cylinder" on the left side of the front plate.

Do you have any idea where these parts might generate from?
The covers for the eyes and the front lense look like PVC joint slip nuts, but I can´t find in any of my hardware stores.
The cylinder is somewhat semi-transparent!?

Any and all info would be great to get this project moving....FINALLY :)))

THANKS, MARKUS

Hi all

Since I´m preparing myself for a run of HOTH binocs, I´d need pretty much all info and references I could get...

I aready searched google and flickr and saved the pics from POSW, but I´m still looking for additional -prefferably- HIGH RES pictures from all angles :love

These will help me with the detailing, build of the conversion parts and later paintjob.

Please post pics, links or simply email me at odendall@t-online.de

MANY THANKS in advance!!!

Markus

Last edited:
Re: Reference pic request: HOTH BINOCULARS!?

Most of the details are from the invisible engine kit.

Fortunately he means the "visible V8 kit". The invisible engine kit is too hard to find...:lol

I know I have some shots from WSMI but can't seem to find them in my photobucket. I'll track them down and upload them tonight.

That´d be great Richie...thanks in advance!

I already know of most V8 kit parts, but I still have to figure out some other detailing and measurements.

Many of you went to the SW exhibits, so the pics ARE out there ... I´m sure ;)

Also thanks in advance jackdoud!

Markus

here 's a couple I took with my sub-par camera. Will take better when I go back and less people. I know others have tons of images... I was focused on how I could steal the sandcrawler and get away with it..lol

here 's a couple I took with my sub-par camera. Will take better when I go back and less people. I know others have tons of images... I was focused on how I could steal the sandcrawler and get away with it..lol

These are exactly the kind of pics I´m looking for :thumbsup
Keep them coming ;)

Thanks, Markus :)

I've got to make one myself. I am forwarding the images of the case to a friend of mine who does leatherwork

Didn't get as many of the binocs as I thought I did. I kinda ignored them as I figured people pretty much knew what was on them by now thanks to parts of starwars. Here's the few shots I do have:

Thanks gentlemen!

Obviously there are at least TWO different versions of the binocs out there!

One is the "clean" version with a different ring on the large front-lense and another "dial" on the left side of the viewer-hood.
The second version is the "dirty" version, as seen on most of the referennce pics. This one has the large lense-ring with straight knurling and the "dial" is the socket of an old vaccum tube (THIS is the version I´ll build).

Anyone knows, what the semi-transparent thingie on the left side of the binocs from is? Right beneath the main lense?

Markus

Re: Electrobinoculars reference pic and research thread!!!

Just updated the first post and turned this thread into a prop research :D

Markus

Thanks gentlemen!

Obviously there are at least TWO different versions of the binocs out there!

One is the "clean" version with a different ring on the large front-lense and another "dial" on the left side of the viewer-hood.
The second version is the "dirty" version, as seen on most of the referennce pics. This one has the large lense-ring with straight knurling and the "dial" is the socket of an old vaccum tube (THIS is the version I´ll build).

Anyone knows, what the semi-transparent thingie on the left side of the binocs from is? Right beneath the main lense?

Markus

Here´s a small collage of the two Binoc versions out there...see the difference?

simrad-binocs_collage-SMALL.jpg

Are these large lense covers original SIMRAD parts?
Were these added later?

Thanks for your input!

Markus

Re: Electrobinoculars reference pic and research thread!!!

First time I had seen the clean version , but i like the dirty. Although the clean version gives you a good look at the make up.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back