ESB Electrobinoculars SHOWOFF thread!!!

Better late than never... I finally found the time to build my ESB Hoth Electrobinoculars. I would like to thank Markus for making this AWESOME kit for all of us to add to our collections. :)

2013-01-30_14-56-07_205.jpgIMG_20131220_074641_358.jpgIMG_20131222_093320_756.jpgIMG_20131222_093338_017.jpgIMG_20131222_093353_626.jpgIMG_20131222_093405_291.jpgIMG_20131222_093416_546.jpg

Thanks Again!!

Attachments

• IMG_20131222_093320_756.jpg
    IMG_20131222_093320_756.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 493
  • IMG_20131222_093338_017.jpg
    IMG_20131222_093338_017.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20131222_093353_626.jpg
    IMG_20131222_093353_626.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20131222_093405_291.jpg
    IMG_20131222_093405_291.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20131222_093416_546.jpg
    IMG_20131222_093416_546.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
finally another finished kit surfaced!
I already started to wonder what people did with the binocs they bought from me.

Only know of yours, MJF's, Lichtbringer and Jameth1971 (maybe superjedi!?) who finished their binocs or at least started to work on these

keep em coming ;)

Markus

This was a great kit and a great prop. I could have slapped it together in a day and it would have looked great. I had to restrain myself to ensure I took the proper care to do it as well as possible.

I was in my prop room recently handling some of my prop replicas and picked up the Electrobinoculars. I am still so impressed by this kit that I just wanted to bump up this thread.

As I mentioned above, awesome kit and such a unique addition to my collection. My finished replica has some metal parts crafted by Lichtbringer not that I needed them for the kit to look great. In fact, the kit was so awesome I felt I needed to go the extra mile. All parts were well made and crisp in detail.

Anyhow, I am including picts of my finished kit. My finish paint job is not modeled after any particular screen used prop, simply an idealized version of a used piece of military gear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    748.3 KB · Views: 188
Thanks for the praise Frank :$

The run itself was quite a PITA.
About 2 years went by from the moment I (originally) BORROWED the SIMRAD, to the moment he offered it for sale until I FINALLY had all parts ready to start molding/ casting and offering kits.
It took a while to sell all kits, since many people jumped off the interest list in the end...BUT at least some of you/ US now have a pretty unique prop in their posession ;)

Next in line will be the Bossk rifle/ SChermuly!
I expect to find the time for molding this bad boy in may, but nothing is set in stone having a baby boy :lol

C´mon people, where are all those Hoth Binocs I sold???
PIctures please ;)

Markus

DAMN....I just realized that I NEVER posted pics of my full finished binocs, just the WIP when it was still missing a few details :facepalm

This has to change, stay tuned!

Markus :)

Thanks for the praise Frank

You are welcome. Thanks for the opportunity to add it to my collection.

It took a while to sell all kits...

Yah.. What was up with that? I was so surprised your kits stuck around for any length of time. I tend to be very thrifty and i thought the kit well well worth the cost. [/QUOTE]

Next in line will be the Bossk rifle/ SChermuly!

It's funny how I have no interest in an item and then I see one that is well made… and then I gotta have it.

I was in my prop room recently handling some of my prop replicas and picked up the Electrobinoculars. I am still so impressed by this kit that I just wanted to bump up this thread.

As I mentioned above, awesome kit and such a unique addition to my collection. My finished replica has some metal parts crafted by Lichtbringer not that I needed them for the kit to look great. In fact, the kit was so awesome I felt I needed to go the extra mile. All parts were well made and crisp in detail.

Anyhow, I am including picts of my finished kit. My finish paint job is not modeled after any particular screen used prop, simply an idealized version of a used piece of military gear.

This is what I want mine to look like. Well done. Love the finish and the strap.

Well it looks like I may be done hemorrhaging (Yep, that's how it is spelled) props. Still waiting for the official word but it's looking very, very god.

Thankfully the ESB Binos did not sell so I can work on finishing them.

Just need to paint and add the strap.

Will post pics as soon as I am done.

This is what I want mine to look like. Well done. Love the finish and the strap.

Thank you. The strap was a ready made 24" piece sold at Michaels in the leather craft section. I'd still like dirty it up a little.

Lichtbringer did some custom screws that he used to mount his visor. I did not purchase them because I was too scared to drill holes in the visor and main body. However you will note there does appear to be some sort of rivets on my visor. Those are simply small self adhesive half pearl decor that you can find in the scrapbook section of any craft store.

Here are the promised pics of the finished binocs sitting in my glass cabinet.
Took these last night with my cell-phone cam under suboptimal light-conditions...:unsure

I'm calling Bu11$h!t! That's got to be a picture taken at an LFL exhibit . :darnkids

I forgot the origins of the leather case you have. Did you make it or have it made?

First ...it is ODiWan72 (with regards to my last name Odendall) :lol
Second...why in 18 months :confused?!

Markus

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back