32" Millenium Falcon V.2

I finally found the time to finish the cockpit tunnel and add the last plates and the ribbed strip

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/monsieurtox/Divers/mf56_zpspedxipcv.jpg

All I can say is PERFECTION! Every line, every detail is perfect. I can't wait to see a photo of the whole ship. Your attention to detail and patience is impeccable!

I understand painting panel lines for the appearance of more detail, but any theories of what the random drawn on and scribed squares are supposed to be on the original prop that were spoken of earlier? If they are supposed to be panels, they almost seem too sloppy compared to the rest.

The little stuff is just for visual break up. Movie models work on the concept of implied detail. By putting small bits here and there, the viewer's eye picks up on it and their brain fills it in, making sense out of what they perceive is there. The viewer's mind will even create detail that isn't even there. The details make it look like there is more going on than there really is.

We try to apply details to models so that they seem to make visual sense, but we leave it to the fans to decide what they all are. I love seeing visual dictionary names for all the bits and bobs that are on these models.

That's right. Most filming miniatures look great on screen but horrible in person.

Because of budgets and time constraints, we don't get to indulge in making the models as clean as we'd like to. The model gets done well enough to look good while zipping across the screen for 2 seconds. The glue globs hide amongst the rest of the details, and the high contrast weathering has to be overdone so that it reads on film for that brief shot and doesn't get blown out by the bright studio lights.

Not to mention that the model gets touched up all through the shooting process. By the time the shooting schedule is over, the "original" paint job has been touched up, painted over and had details added and subtracted. Movies don't get shot in order either, so that's why details can appear, disappear and then reappear throughout a movie.

That's Movie Magic !!!

Hey Julien!

Someone mentioned you should have the nude pin-up in the cockpit. I don't know which issue of Playboy she came out of but here she is!
View attachment 549184View attachment 549185View attachment 549188

Maybe someone can identify her.

hope this is ok....

Ahem...Jackie Rainbow, September 1954 Playmate...:eek

(click link below for uncencored version)
195409_sm.jpg
http://i513.photobucket.com/albums/t332/imurme/Millennium Falcon/195409.jpg

was thinking...Miss September '54 looks almost Princess Leia'ish...would be just like Han to put up a picture of her in his ship...LOL

...alternate version...
carrie-fisher-princess-leia-1612776648.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back