NARNIA The Voyage of the Dawn Treader TRAILER!!!!

Looks pretty good! My favorite book of the series, and I have many vivid mental images from reading it and hope the movie doesn't disappoint.

Spoiler alert if you don't know and don't want to know any of the story till you see the movie.....
Don't read any more of this.........

So funny when obnoxious ole Eustace is turned into a dragon, the scary Island where dreams come true--nightmares actually! I LOVE Reepicheep and can hardly bare it when at the end he paddles his little coracle over the edge of the world.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I never read anything beyond the first one, only read that because it was required in school, so no idea what's happening there but it looks interesting enough.

I liked all but two of the books. The Silver Chair I thought was kind of dumb, I didn't like Jill in this book, she can't remember "the signs" and Puddleglum is just silly......
And The Last Battle, it's just creepy. I've read this was written when Lewis was really conflicted over his religion--it shows. Some scary stuff, IMO......

Shylaah

is it bad to think the older sister is kinda hot?

well I never found Anna whats-her-name to be all that hot..... Georgie Henley on the other hand :love haha just kidding. :lol

But anyway, I'm so looking foward to this. I hope the WETA weapon and armor designs will be even more awesome than the last movie :)

Sweet!!! These movies are very underrated. I loved the last 2 films and have been looking forward to this one. I hope they continue making more.
(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

well I never found Anna whats-her-name to be all that hot..... Georgie Henley on the other hand :love haha just kidding. :lol

But anyway, I'm so looking foward to this. I hope the WETA weapon and armor designs will be even more awesome than the last movie :)

oh thats just ............. ewe.......... oh god

Good to know they're continuing. I'd heard they were stopping after Caspian.

Yeah, gotta say that I'm surprised they're continuing the series. Happy to hear it, though. It'd be a shame if they didn't finish all the books, although I'd say that's a longshot.

I'm looking forward to it. I only read the books recently, when reading them to my children. I read them all the way through once for my daughter and now I'm into The Silver Chair with my son. Here's hoping they can somehow get through at least the Magician's Nephew!

Scott

THREAD NECROMANCY!!11 My micro-review (I don't feel like I put any spoilers there, but I guess if someone tried hard enough they could fabricate them, so...):

Saw this in 3-D this evening. Special FX were good, the kid they got to play Eustace was the MOST annoying frakker ever (which is how he was supposed to be), they deviated from the book some (expected imo), & this is my least favorite of the three films (BUT it wasn't my favorite book either).

One thing that REALLY bugged me (something that I suppose is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things), WHY did they let Barnes play Caspian with a British accent, when the last film had him (& EVERY OTHER TELMARINE) speaking with some pseudo-spanish-sounding accent? Being the stickler for detail that I am, it took me right out of the story.

The musical score was good. And I liked the end.

*shrugs*

I liked it. I thought the kids who played Eustace was perfect. Very annoying, which is how he was suppose to be. I thought he captured it quite perfectly. He sure could twist up an ugly face.

I imagine it was a challenge to tie all the islands together into a story that worked on film. In the book, the islands bore no connection to other islands other than being a place where a Lord may have landed. The source of the evil mist was never explained, which is the only thing I didn't like.

I'd LOVE to see The Magician's Nephew on film, but I fear this may be the last movie based on the ticket sales. Bummer.

Scott

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back