Iron Man Glove Mark 6 Pepakura

Okay got my Card Stock today bought it for the first time I guess this is my first step into Pepakura. I got 500 pcs 110 lbs hope that is correct. weekend gonna start printing and cutting and folding :) so excited :love:love:love

sweet! good luck! although my advice to you is to make some practise models. at least one. Because when I started I jumped staright into making an iron man helmet. How did it turn out? like a football with holes for eyes :lol:lol:lol

I think he means that the Helm is a complicated part to start with if you don't have much experience. Even when I had decent experience with Pepakura I still made 3 before I was statisfied with the result..

The boots are fairly easy to make, If you are making Robo's like I am, I suggest starting with one of them

^ i meant exactly that. a helmet seems nice and easy but it has a lot of crafty details which are easy to screw up and it will be a big disappointment since you would have spent a lot of time on cutting out all pieces.

@ Leander:

nice. I am also using robo's model, hoping to put together a whole suit :) i ave a concern about boots. They are made so that at the bottom they have free (air) space inside them, how do you fiberglass them if you cant get inside them?

Or did you cut off the bottom bit (the wave-like shape at the bottom) which allowed you to harden the boots from the inside and be able to put them over any shoes? :)

on the boots im using the pep files to make mold then ill use a strong plastic or rubber to fill the area after i mold it

I think he means that the Helm is a complicated part to start with if you don't have much experience. Even when I had decent experience with Pepakura I still made 3 before I was statisfied with the result..

The boots are fairly easy to make, If you are making Robo's like I am, I suggest starting with one of them

Boots? okay thanks maybe I'll do just that :)

This is the first part to my re-make of the Iron Man Mark 6 armor. BTW this is my first pepakura. Any Advice (sorry for the blurry pics)

i have a question about the gloves... do you connect them first then paint it with the resin thingy or have to paint it separately then just connect them when they are hard?

^ i meant exactly that. a helmet seems nice and easy but it has a lot of crafty details which are easy to screw up and it will be a big disappointment since you would have spent a lot of time on cutting out all pieces.

@ Leander:

nice. I am also using robo's model, hoping to put together a whole suit :) i ave a concern about boots. They are made so that at the bottom they have free (air) space inside them, how do you fiberglass them if you cant get inside them?

Or did you cut off the bottom bit (the wave-like shape at the bottom) which allowed you to harden the boots from the inside and be able to put them over any shoes? :)

Okay guys I did the bad thing lmao.. I'm sorry I can't help it its too tempting not to do the Helmet ahahahahaha so Yeah I began building it first... Which ofcourse you guys are right but I did learn something about it.... atleast I know where i made my mistakes hehehehe Right now I'm doing 2 faceplates one would be my trial and error one and the other one would be the"careful and error free one (atleast little errors) So anyways The first one I made had alot of flaws one of the eyes is smaller think of it like ironman with chinese eyes... Imagine that...and alot of crooked and warped corners. :) the 2nd one is im still just on the lower faceplate. Which I know is much better coz I kinda adjusted how I cut and glued things :) overall I'm happy this thing is kinda addicting. I was working on the Face Plate all day yesterday.

oh well, i guess we ALL have to make the mistake of starting with a helmet before realising ;)

sorry i didnt post a reply sooner, completely forgot about this thread :D

sounds good. post some picks if you can :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back