Kris Kristopherson makes a great Han Solo in Star Wars Disco

Sean Bradley

Donny Osmond as Luke Skywalker.. Kris Kristopherson as Han Solo.. Singing and dancing Stormtroopers?

Wait a tick was this from The Donny And Marie Show, or was this something else entirely.. Anybody know? Who do you think provided the costumes and props for them? Check out that improvised female Stormtrooper costume that they mix in behind the group at :25 secs..

Star Wars Disco Fever? - video

;)

Last edited:
Yes this was from Donny and Marie. I actually saw this when it aired.

I would take Marie Osmond in that Leia outfit any day! She is friggin' HOT!

Lynde.
I probably saw this when it aired, as we actually watched all of those horrid 70s variety shows, and I never missed anything Star Wars.
Vader's voice is Thurl Ravenscroft of Tony the Tiger and Grinch (singing) fame.
This was the period between movies in which Threepio had silver on the wrong leg.

It's still not as horrifying as that French variety show posted a while back:
YouTube - Star Wars Made in France

Yup- totally remember this as a kid- was glued to my television set, and probably disappointed that it was only on one time.

That and the Holiday Special were like heroin to me in the years between ANH and ESB. :lol

Too bad SW doesn't have that effect on me anymore. :rolleyes

Kevin

That is funny! I love it. Man Marie is a hottie. so how long till we have a thread about whose disco stormtrooper helmet or armor is most accurate?

I love the McCarthy-esqe introduction to the full video:

Donny and Marie Start Wars Part 1 and 2

A Long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
There was an evil force at work to destroy the values by which
decent people lived. Values like: Patriotism, Cleanliness, Thrift,
and good Dental Hygene.

Did the evil force win the battle?

Thants for us to know and you to find out.

It's cool that you guys remember this, it was a little before my time. I do remember watching all the Ewok Adventures specials with some fervor..

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back