Half Life 2 - Gordon Freeman HEV Suit

mage26

So this is a costume that I've wanted to do for years and now I'm going to make it for San Diego Comic Con 2010. I really just want somewhere I can post my progress and ask for advice, so I'm posting here. This is my first build ever, so I know it's not perfect but I feel it's good enough for what I want. I've finished all the Pepakura and am currently resining and fiberglassing the pieces.

Let me know what you think! I'm looking forward to feedback and advice.

all-small.jpg

front-small.jpg

back-small.jpg

Epic! :D I should try making my own HEV suit.

Source engine files are such a pain in a butt to work with, so I know what it's like to take the MDLs to SMDs to X 3D format. lol

What are you going to use for an undersuit?

I was working on this last year, I got as far as having the boots, gloves, finished undersuit, the materials for the kevlar midsection, and half the pieces pepped, including one arm finished but unpainted. Then I gave up. Scaling the legs and chest became a complete nightmare. I made 10 thigh pieces and none of them fit right. Best of luck to you, I'd love to see the finished costume.

Epic! :D I should try making my own HEV suit.

Source engine files are such a pain in a butt to work with, so I know what it's like to take the MDLs to SMDs to X 3D format. lol

What are you going to use for an undersuit?

I tried working with the Source files and they are definitely a pain in the butt. Fortunately, I found files someone else had done on 405th. I'm not totally sure about the undersuit yet.

I was working on this last year, I got as far as having the boots, gloves, finished undersuit, the materials for the kevlar midsection, and half the pieces pepped, including one arm finished but unpainted. Then I gave up. Scaling the legs and chest became a complete nightmare. I made 10 thigh pieces and none of them fit right. Best of luck to you, I'd love to see the finished costume.

What did you use for the undersuit and kevlar midsection?

For the kevlar section I got a foam camp pad from Walmart, it's about half an inch thick and fairly rigid for foam. Then I got some black duck canvas from jo-ann fabrics and I was going to wrap that around pieces of the pad. For the undersuit I used a 4-way stretch knit material, kind of like a thick t-shirt fabric in heather grey and patterned it to fit me perfectly with a collar, zipper up the back, and all the extra seams.

mage,

If you get that pulled off and ever make a set to swap for coin I'd be interested. I won a national costume contest over a year ago on a big gaming site. I had to use my leathers and introduced the "stealth" HEV. It helps to have the crowbar and the face, hair/line, and glasses too.

Seriously, even if you don't/won't get a complete HEV out for sale I'll be checking in to see how this comes along. The forms you've gotten out so far look enticing.(y)love

Can someone if they have it give me the pep file for this hev suit or any hev suit pep file you can get, i would greatly appreciate it!:)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back