of Harry Potter ...Is there S.A. props?

cristobal

Hi!
As this forum is followed by many people from USA , I´ll like to know if there is merchandising articles from Harry Potter movies in the new Orlando theme park " Wizarding World of Harry Potter" and the way of buying it ( hope an online shop)
I am from Spain , so quite far to go to Hogwarts by now...maybe if it were in London...
I saw articles around the web and at least the chocolate frogs are available.... Wizarding World of Harry Potter offers exclusive and unique merchandise | Inside the Magic
Question is : what articles S.A to the original ones in the movies are available in the park?
Is there anyone that could buy and sell them if there is not online shop for it? Ebay sellers are starting to do it :love
Thanks !!!

Well...after lookin in flickr , I could find a little about this : http://www.flickr.com/photos/danny279/sets/72157624075887127/
I could recognize :
CHOCOLATE FROGS
REMEMBER BALL
SCREAMING YOYO
SNEAKOSKOPE (NOT SURE IF IT IS A MOVIE PROP)

Last edited:
The live stream was great really fun. From what I heard universal will put there HP stuff online but we don't know when. It most likely be on or after the 18. as far as S.A. goes CHOCOLATE FROGS are but they have only the 4 founder inside right know. Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans, Pygmy Puff, any of the Harry Potter wands , but not counting the 13 different Birthday wands), Crest Patches, Quibbler Spectrespecs, Prefect Pin, robes, ties, REMEMBER BALL (however reviews say it sucks) Pumpkin juice, All Quidditch stuff, brooms, and death eater masks. And that from all that I have seen though lots of photos and videos as far as SCREAMING YOYO, SNEAKOSKOPE and fang freebies they have not been in the movies but are in the park. Alot of the stuff you will see in the park is more book side then movie side, is from what they have said. We will keep looking and hoping it should be soon. I'm after some stuff my self and don't what to go down there the first year it open.

S.A? Im really slow what does that mean? And i hope they sell their merch online aswell and im so nuts about the merch that i check google's latest on 'Wizarding world of harry potter merchandise' EVERY day just to check if anythings happened yet.:lol I've got my eyes on the sneakoscope and has anyone got any pics of the 'Omniculars' or whatever theyre called, they look really interesting but noone ever gets a clear shot and what do the actual screaming yo yos look like?

I'm local. Trying to determine screen accurate is very difficult.

They have wands, which I believe are offered through other stores as well but are currently stocked with all of the major, and some minor, characters. The brooms they have are the $200-$300 versions which are available elsewhere.

The candies are S.A. from what I can tell - the chocolate frog box is larger than the S.A. prop, but its because the frog itself is huge, 6oz of solid chocolate! And it has the famous wizards holographic card inside as well.

The jelly beans box seems to be S.A. as well.

Many of the lesser items have been produced - Zonko's and Dervish and Banges are stocked with Rememberalls (plastic - no idea how close they are to S.A. offhand), Sneak-o-Scopes (no idea), the Marauder Map (no idea).

Really didn't think to get photos but I will when I go back.

I have a bunch of outside photos, I'll try to get them up on a publicly accessible site soon.

@berkley247: photos of the Omnioculars.

<http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090903235433/harrypotter/images/1/1b/Omioculars_prop.jpg>

<http://media.the-leaky-cauldron.org/gallery/films/GOF/CostumesProps/normal_omnioculars2.jpg>

They might be at W.W. o. H.P. I have not seen them yet in anything, you might what to check Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods, the likely spot. However I do know that some of the stuff is not for sell because there the real thing. Like in one of the shops they have the monster book of monster in a cage and it goes after you but it not for sell. I do know that they have around 700 ideas, that you can't get any where else.

@berkley247: photos of the Omnioculars.

<http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090903235433/harrypotter/images/1/1b/Omioculars_prop.jpg>

<http://media.the-leaky-cauldron.org/gallery/films/GOF/CostumesProps/normal_omnioculars2.jpg>

They might be at W.W. o. H.P. I have not seen them yet in anything, you might what to check Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods, the likely spot. However I do know that some of the stuff is not for sell because there the real thing. Like in one of the shops they have the monster book of monster in a cage and it goes after you but it not for sell. I do know that they have around 700 ideas, that you can't get any where else.
Yeh i'd already looked at those and i know you can find them at Zonko's and Dervish and Banges. I've seen many videos of each shop and they're next to the quidditch stuf in D&B but thanks for the pics anyway; what are funny looking device:lol

Hi guys, I'm one of the original prop makers that worked on the park. I can't give you any info on the licensed stuff they sell in the shops, but I know that there was a lot of interest by management in selling copies of of props we created for the park. Basically everything I made they wanted to turn into a "high-end collectible", meaning they would actually run casts from the original molds I made. And for those, I can attest that they are 100% screen accurate. Alan Gilmore, who was an art director for the movies, was the park's art director and he got final say on everything. If it wasn't perfectly faithful, it didn't get approved. And also, whenever possible, we took molds off of the original movie props.

The park opens tommorrow, so I can finally post pictures. Yay.

That is great news I hope they do more of that kind of stuff I would really love to get my hands on the Whated posters. Can't what to see the photos. Don't for get about the live stream tomorrow morning

Hi guys, I'm one of the original prop makers that worked on the park. I can't give you any info on the licensed stuff they sell in the shops, but I know that there was a lot of interest by management in selling copies of of props we created for the park. Basically everything I made they wanted to turn into a "high-end collectible", meaning they would actually run casts from the original molds I made. And for those, I can attest that they are 100% screen accurate. Alan Gilmore, who was an art director for the movies, was the park's art director and he got final say on everything. If it wasn't perfectly faithful, it didn't get approved. And also, whenever possible, we took molds off of the original movie props.

The park opens tommorrow, so I can finally post pictures. Yay.

I know its been like 3 months since the last post but i buy my WWoHP merch. online and i don't if its better to get Omnioculars or a Sneakoscope. Which one is more S.A and more significant throughout the movie?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back