Iron Man 2 MK VI Helmet Kits, and Armor Build (Helmet Mold Completed)

Stark1138

So after using pepakura to build the basis (I used Dung0beetle's first file) of my highly modified helmet, and begining a MK III Armor build I decided to uprgrade. I have been folloing Robo3687's threads on the 405th, and the RPF, and he seemed to be further along than his competion! I ceased my work on the MK III and have jumped into the Mark VI.

The benfits, I have seen thus for is this:

The MK VI platform allows for more moveability, it built to be worn.

THe MK VI has less overall nook, and cranny details to build!

Overall the MK VI is more up to date, and a more builder , and wearer friendly piece to begin with!

im2_wp1_1024.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man MK Vi Helmet and Armor Build

I had for a while considered the helmet complete, but a few changes had to be made....

IMHM-4MK3-2.jpg

IMHM-4MK3-1.jpg

IMHM-4MK3-3.jpg

IMHM-4MK3-4.jpg

IMHM-4MK3-5.jpg

First of the changes was to add defition to the plating on the lowest tier of the stern of the head, and around the ear pieces...
2%20010.JPG

Secondly the Forhead Intake scoop, needed to be more curved, and corsair, unlike its original box like form...

2%20009.JPG

And, lastly the final update changes came in the cheeks pieces as seen so much more clearly in Iron Man 2 promotional media...

2%20008.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_dSFbRKhND3M/TBZzwlltWTI/AAAAAAAAAYM/Fi27WoAA0n8/s576/2 009.JPG

wow you made that from paper? outstanding! I've downloaded the pepakura files but haven't started cutting them out yet, can you describe the process you used to bondo/fiberglass the paper?

Here is the first standard pull, and the First Cold Cast Aluminum faceplates in a side to side.

This stupid iPhone camera does'nt do it justice!

2%20002.JPG

wow you made that from paper? outstanding! I've downloaded the pepakura files but haven't started cutting them out yet, can you describe the process you used to bondo/fiberglass the paper?

I had put in Depth detail of all the work to date on the 405th.com which is currently down, I may or may not do the same here. However, I will answer any and all questions, and eventually will be posting a Kit Interest thread in the Junkyard!

nice! i was wondering what kind of paint did you use? and how did you make the lines and screw holes?

hey stark, i'd just like to say I'm totally jazzed to see that you will be making my armour......

can't wait to see it...

hey stark, i'd just like to say I'm totally jazzed to see that you will be making my armour......

can't wait to see it...

Built the MK VI Chest, a modified Brace, Collar bridge, and a Hand thus far. Will post pics after the Back, and current pieces are resined.

Kinda scared though on the Abdomen due to weight gain during the wife's pregnancy.... Waist ditto:cry:cry:cry

Oh man, I'm going to be starting a cheapo-plastic build soon, and I SHOULD do the suitcase suit, since there's templates i can modify and it's a more forgiving design what with it being lots of overlapping plates...

But every time I see the MK7, I get a terrible urge to build it instead. I can't wait to see your parts, so I can get an idea of the complexity and finally make a decision.

Okay, the new helmet mold with the more accurate faceplate slide grooves, MK VI cheek detail, correct forehead intake sccop, and cleener ear area, etc... is done!

The Helmet by far looks better then my previos pics.

I will post pics of the raw, and finished Helmet shortly!

Also:
I will be posting an interest thread for Unfinished kits, Painted kits, and Painted kits with lighting Sytems shortly in the Junkyard!

Re: Iron Man 2 MK VI Helmet Kits and Armor Build

So the faceplate was molded separately above, and below we have the helmet Mold itself. A glove, with 2 part Fiberglass mother.

1%20021.JPG

q%20002.JPG

q%20003.JPG

q%20004.JPG

q%20005.JPG

q%20006.JPG

I will begin casting helmets shortly...

Re: Iron Man 2 MK VI Helmet Kits and Armor Build

Here are a few pics of the Master, next to a completely cold cast Aluminum Helmet.

1%20001.JPG

1%20002.JPG

Although it has the appearance of being cast of metal, I am still not 100% satisfied, and will try again.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back