Monster Squad Mummy NEW PICS ADDED!

Goldenrod

Sr Member
Heres a sculpt/mask i just finished. The head isn't complete yet. I still need to throw some more color on it and some actual bandage pieces for the finishing touches. It was designed to be a close represntation of the Mummy from Monster Squad. It is wearable, however large heads will not fit. I wanted it to be close as possible to the actors head size. This way if i ever get around to making the body it will be pretty dang close.
I would appreiate your comments. Oh i did add a couple of little extras to this design to give my own touch and a tribute to the late Stan Winston.
Can you see 1 of the added details??:)

AND HERES THE FINISHED PIECE!
M8.jpg

M3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Monster Squad Mummy

That's strange. This is the first time I've seen this thread and I've been here on and off all day.

Anyway... that's a damn fine sculpt and some very interesting reference photos. Where on Earth did you get those? Can't wait to see it painted.

Re: Monster Squad Mummy

That's strange. This is the first time I've seen this thread and I've been here on and off all day.

Anyway... that's a damn fine sculpt and some very interesting reference photos. Where on Earth did you get those? Can't wait to see it painted.

Me too! Haven't seen this thread... all day! And I honestly just thought about this movie!

Very nice GR!

AWESOME! The Monster Squad is one of my fav movies. It's like the Goonies meets Universal Monsters.

"Kick Wolfman in the nards!"

Thanks guys glad you like it!
Yeah, it was a great flick.
Like SW OT, Universal Monster films, it takes me back to my childhood.
Those were great times!

M6.jpg

Interestingly enough, Universal was the first studio they shopped the idea to. With the hope of bringing the original character designs back to the big screen. The answer was a resounding NO. The rest as they say, is history.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back