A Game of Thrones (HBO)

Awesome! I have not heard about this before. The book series is one of my favourites.
I am very happy with the casting of the grown-up characters. I hope that the kids are just as good.

I thought the first book was...ok. Nothing all that special. I decided not to read any of the others until (A) I hear the series has been actually finished, and (B) I hear it didn't suck from a sufficient number of people whose opinions I trust.

I got sucked in to Jack Whyte's Camulod Chronicles a few years ago, and it took him FOREVER to get out later books, following several techniques that Martin has used (IE: "The new book is actually a retelling of events from so-and-so's perspective instead of progressing the plot"), and the eventual end of the series was supposed to be pretty lackluster (although the series had been going downhill for quite some time anyway).

I'd rather not spend a bunch of time and the cover price for the books to go through that same experience.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back