ANH Red Y... kit

Looks incredible Steve and Jamie! I've looked back into the threads on the Y and noticed it's been a 10 year (or so) journey.

(edit): and of course John C.!

Last edited:
Spoke to Steve a while ago about these, my god, the execution is flawless, well done to all, John C has done a superb job, the Jammer is just unreal....so nice to see it done properly......looks like the hull still has a two part pattern......is this still the case Steve?

lee

I'f I can afford it maybe I will ;) the Wife WILL kill me though... I have like a dozen different versions of the Falcon around here... varying sizes some very large... and 3-4 X-wings... again some very large, only 3 "small" y's ;)

Jedi Dade

Woow! Thanks guys! This Y is a 100% re scratch. We used what we learned from the MR version we made and new reference pictures to make the ultimate Y wing.

The body is a two part body. We decided to stay as true to the ILM minature as possible.

An acrylic armeture is included but an alluminum upgrade set will be available too. the armeture allows mounting points top, bottom ,rear, engine left and right.

The hull also has runs for the wires for engine lights...and two battery compartments..

John C. took tons of data we have collected over the years... long long long phone calls going over every detal... this Y is a team effort. John.. you are incredibly talented!

*** if you guys are wondering why the pattern is not primered.. its me. I told John Id rather take molds on the original parts, sometimes primer dulls the edges a bit. So maybe not the best for picture taking but I kinda like seeing the different parts in there.***

I have to give a shout out to Nick for being one of the frst guys to pattern out the complicated hull as used in the master replicas release, this gave us ideas on compstruction of the new hull.

I'm currenlty finishing TIE stuff then its Y Wings baby!

Heres some more pics to wet the whistle!

388530188.jpg

388530208.jpg

388530227.jpg

388530250.jpg

388530265.jpg

388530267.jpg

Steve

Ohh here are some of the backplate... and the first casting! It is sitting a casting of the old version head that will not be used....

388530193.jpg

388530290.jpg

388530347.jpg

388530370.jpg

388530329.jpg

Steve

This is going to be incredible...

No there is more MUCH MUCH more!!!! :lol Isel, John, and I are are working on an amazing project for the near future and John/Steve and I have been in almost daily talks working out the details of THE ULTIMATE studio scale kit... Our blood is BOILING at the moment!!

IF it can be cast we will bring it to life...

It's an amazing time to be a fan of SS modeling. We're going above and beyond where no other have ventured before... Steve can I give another sneak peek into the future? :) Just a peek?

Sneak peek! Sneak peek! Sneak peek!

Sorry the answer is no at the moment... Right now Tie fighters and Shuttles are to be sent out followed by the near future Y-wings. Then we will reveal the big ones... AND I MEAN BIG!! :wacko Get your divorce lawyers in check... :confused We're absolutely bat-**** crazy and we don't care...

Any word on when details on pricing and availability on the Y-wing might be set free? (So I can start begging, borrowing and/or stealing)

Cheers

Michael

Sorry the answer is no at the moment... Right now Tie fighters and Shuttles are to be sent out followed by the near future Y-wings. Then we will reveal the big ones... AND I MEAN BIG!! :wacko Get your divorce lawyers in check... :confused We're absolutely bat-**** crazy and we don't care...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back