Neo reloaded costume in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmtmtl

I've been looking at the baron boutique coat for a while and recently found a used one on the 'bay. I don't have the boots yet, but these leather dress shoes I got at walmart look halfway decent (plus i got them on clearance for 5 bucks!). I got these sunglasses from the 'bay as well, and have the rubies glasses although I think these ones look better. My goal is to do matrix for Halloween with myself as Neo and the mrs. as trinity. Heres a pic.
neojared.jpg

JoMamma_Smurf
Here is my Barron coat made from monks wool.
I don't want to high-jack this thread...but real quick...

Did you make this coat and if so, what pattern did you use (did you purchase it or, construct it from scratch), and why did you choose Monks Wool?

Both our coats were made by a company called baron boutique. they custom make the coat to your size. I am 6'0 and lucked out and found a dude selling his that was 5'11''

They say on their website that monks wool was used for the screen used coat.thanks for the comments guys! :)

Beat me to it. The texture and flow looks VERY SA to me. But it's my belief that the color is a bit lighter than the movie coats. I've considered dying my coat but Barron Boutique insists that the color is accurate and that dying it would be a bad idea.

The conundrum of Screen Accurate vs. Real Life Accurate.

Just like I can not see Solo's, brown Hoth parka, it's blue, I swear.

The reason I was asking about the pattern, was I just came across this the other day and it instantly reminded me of Neo's coat.

Bn1riKQB2kKGrHqMH-D8EuGm7lNbWBLlFwI.jpg

Just%20like%20I%20can%20not%20see%20Solo%27s,%20brown%20Hoth%20parka,%20it%27s%20blue,%20I%20swear.

Thats some what of the base for it but there are a ton of details to the reloaded coat that have to be added to that pattern.

Thats some what of the base for it but there are a ton of details to the reloaded coat that have to be added to that pattern.

Yea, I figured it would have to be heavily modified, but it did seem to be a solid base.

Also, the similarity between Neo's coat and the Priest's robe seem more than coincidental considering Neo's character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back